Normal for Classic Black 5%?

Hopefully CB installers have input for me here. I've been through probably 3 or 4 rolls of CB 5% and I've noticed somewhat of a oil slick color from the inside once the film was installed. Sort of hard to explain the color exactly. All this time I thought it was just the slip solution and I figured once the film had time to cure it went away.

I just got a car back in the shop that I did over a week ago and the oil slick color is still very noticeable from inside the car. This was pretty difficult to catch on camera, but you get the idea.

Is this normal behavior for the CB 5%? I currently have some Global QDP 5% installed on my truck and this coloring is not present. I haven't had anyone complain, I guess I'm just more curious than anything [emoji848]

IMG_1658.JPG

Without being familiar with the Classic Black film from EWF I would tend to agree with the other statements from the guys above. Window film when viewed under fluorescent lighting can cause a rainbowish look in the film. As above, I would pull the vehicle outside into the natural sunlight and see if it disappears. If it doesn't, I would contact the good folks at EWF so they can remedy this for you. If it is something with the film I am sure that they will want to know about it so they can get their engineers on it to see what happened.  

:facepalm2  Dang I feel like a total newb!

That was exactly the issue, thanks guys.  I do have heavy florescent lighting in my shop.  

Once out of the shop and under sunlight everything looked great.   

Archived