Business Start Up Tips

Hello! My name is Josh. I have been tinting car windows for a few months. I have tried reaching out for apprenticeships and it is just not going to happen... Nothing close enough to me and shop owners won't do it. I have been getting good with trial and error. I am approaching the level where I can officially sell my services (after 500000 attempts) .. I have a few questions for the vets.  

Is business fairly easy to come by?

It seems that there is a lot of competition.. I know how to market, I am just curious.. Is it fairly easy to get 1-2 cars a day? Other than dealerships/fleets can I expect to do 1-2 full tint jobs per day? Basically put like this- If you open a car wash, there is non-stop business at all times 24/7 365 no matter how you market. Is tinting similar? ( I know there are depending factors) 

Also, crazy customers... I know they are coming. How do you deal with liabilities/ illegal tint. Waiver form? 

Finally, flat glass vs auto? Flat glass is so easy.. Thanks guys!!

When I started my own business in 1997, word of mouth & phone book was king. Now, not so much.

Its google, yep, facebook, & other search engines.

As far as liabilities, be careful on how crazy you get pushing the legal limits in your state. Be careful not to put your self in a civil law suit situation. That can cost you everything you own, and gonna own.

I have not seen your DVD's. I am currently using Express window film. @GusTheTinter I'm not fully there yet, but I'm getting there. But any who.. Thanks for the advice! What do you mean don't push the limits? Personally I don't know of a single person who goes to get 75% tint..  They go for dark.. And if i have them sign a waiver, would that release me from any law suit/ liabilities? And to reiterate, do you think I can make a full time living starting a tint business in 2017? I am good with SEO marketing, too. My number one concern overall is the liability thing

doing clean trash free jobs is the best advertisement. imo, you want at least one dealerships busniess. tell them you would love to earn their busniess and you will do a car for free so they can see your skill set. they won't turn down a free tint job. but you have to be available to them during their hours. as far as liability, if you put illegal film on a person's vehicle and they run over a kid, a lawyer would present that waiver in court and i can assure you a judge will use it against you and hold you responsible. be careful with what you do legal wise:thumb2

Let's not get off his questions. Yes there is a market. Can you help gap that market? No. You need to sharpen up your skills. If you have to learn from Stan or endure your suffering, the answers are yes...it depends on when you are ready

cheers

Archived