Garbage sun strip patterns

justn8

Anybody else with TintTek find that their sunstrip patterns are mediocre at best? Half the time I cut them, they suck. I wish I knew who designs a lot of their stuff, because clearly it's not an installer. I always hated sunstrips but with the plotter it was supposed to make them an easy add on, but they just enrage me pretty often :lol

I just believe that if you pay for a service... you should get a 'to the best of their ability' result... or some line where I pretend to care. Whatever. Do the damn patterns right. Hell, if they're already crap, credit me and pay the postage and I'll mail you the template so you can digitize it and enter it. Not my job, but it's my material and my time while I'm paying for that convenience. Some are so bad, I can't even figure out how they came up with it. And it's always when you're very busy or hoping it does what it's supposed to. I feel like if a lot of PPF patterns can be accurate, and there's so many components involved such as stretch, installation order, etc., why can't window patterns be correct?

On 6/18/2017 at 4:51 PM, highplains said:

Of the TintTek patterns I have issues with I'd say 95% are the sunstrip patterns. I've noticed that most of the time it's for a Chrysler product as well, those patterns just always seem to be off.

Yup. When the new Cherokee's came out, they were horrible for awhile, and I couldn't figure out who made them, and then who put them in thinking that's ok. And basically all the Dodge/Chrysler sun strips I've come across have been horrible. I'm not trying to be a little bitch here but... it is what you pay for so...

Archived