Plotters

Was over in the "Plotters and Cutting Systems" section and wow a lot to take in with all the software and plotters. I'm seeing what appears to be the same complaints in all the sections, not plotted out right, fighting the plotter. As of the current time I'm still in the looking stage, did I miss where there's a combo of plotter and software that has the highest accuracy? The monthly payment obligations seem to vary as well for software. I need it for the tint film but would like a system I can expand into other things if feasible. What's the hit and miss on these plotters? Are they running at 80% accurate or 95%?  I'm looking at Graphtec FC8600 (40" or just bite and 60"?) or 2nd choice a Roland, and Computer Cut or 2nd choice Tint Tek seems to be in my sites. Any direction? TIA 

I'm currently running the graphtec fc8600 40" with film design at work for the last 6 months. It has been working great. I've used computer cut and Llumar's precision cut and so far film design is the software I like the most. There definitely pros and cons to all software. Film design lets you custom enlarge the patterns and save it. The only thing I don't like is I have to look through a file list to find my cars. Once you make a custom pattern it's only shows for that year and model. You have to use your experience to see if it crosses over to different model years. Another thing I don't like is there no cut table. If the patterns u selected are too large it will still cut up to the imaginary line. Meaning it'll come out with missing cuts. 

Im currently using this setup my work but will be getting the same setup at home. I've been hand cutting for 13 years and one of the things I like is you can pay the subscription yearly, quarterly and monthly. I'll most likely pay quarterly and not renew in the fourth quarter and just hand cut. My volume is a lot lower in the 4th. 

Archived