Help on film choice?

Alright see now.... while I do not currently deal with SAGR, I have in the past and have friends that do currently. I'm not sure who from there told you any of that info, but maybe the janitor answered the phone?!?!?

If it was Terry I'd be incredibly shocked.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.. yes, IDS20 is too dark. That is true.  All the other stuff is wrong though.

SYDS15 or SYDS25 is fine... which I realize is a bit lighter and darker then 20%... but they are options. You could also do a bronze 20... that would be safe. The IDS20 isn't reflective enough. (And that's actually directly from suntek - I called and asked about that specifically a little over a week ago) 

She's wrong on both of those counts. 

Yes, because the darker the film, it's usually more reflective. More reflective - less absorption... = safer. 

Not sure where you are located, but must be kindof in this area if you are buying from them.... I've been doing this stuff since 2000 and I can count on one hand how many times I've come across single pane windows. The IDS films might be ok in other parts of the country, but at least the IDS20 I would guess isn't super popular up here. Which I'm kindof surprised, again, that she didn't offer any suggestions on what you could use. 

I use SYDS15 & 25 fairly often and have never had a problem. 

I'm in western PA. Although I tinted in SC for a long time. We used a variety of films but the IDS line was fairly popular in that area.

This is why I like this site there is a lot of good knowledge and good people here. Thank you for all your knowledge and input. 

13 hours ago, ready2work said:

I'm in western PA. Although I tinted in SC for a long time. We used a variety of films but the IDS line was fairly popular in that area.

This is why I like this site there is a lot of good knowledge and good people here. Thank you for all your knowledge and input. 

What city in pa are you in? 

Archived