Stek feedback anyone?

On 3/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, TintDude said:

In my humble opinion, the manufacturer isn't responsible. You didn't buy the installation from the manufacturer, you bought it from an installer who bought the film from the manufacturer. It's not the manufacturer's fault that the product wasn't installed properly and they didn't sell a defective product. It's the installer who needs to make it right. :twocents

I mostly agree with you, my issue is when someone says this is our authorized installer. Most of the issue is the installer, if they weren't authorized it 100% would be the installer not the manufacturer in my situation. You trust that a manufacturer would vet the installer before listing them as authorized. My issue is how they handled the situation when they wouldn't comment on the install after being provided images while other PPF companies for comparison stated it wouldn't be up to their standards. Other companies stated to varying degrees they would be more involved mediating the issue if trust or communication was a issue before going the legal route such as sending a 3rd party to inspect and verify claims. I spoke with other paint protection film companies after no response from STEK to ask about their protocol for when a installation goes bad for context. 

What I meant in the second part of my original response was that you shouldn't pay attention to the film as much as who's actually installing it the reason for my example of the bad install. The trusted installer ultimately decides what the final product is and the buyers satisfaction. A warranty on a film may be useless if the buyer has to keep going back to original shop that in theory keeps having to fix the install. 

A question to ask in retrospect for any PPF is if the installer no longer offers the product what happens to your warranty for peeling? I agree technically it's not a film defect if it peels but an installer issue so that may be a gray area. We need to be more aware of the stipulations of any warranty on the product and the manufacturers policies for claiming it. When doing prior research I do understand that some films have differences in clarity that may be very important to people along with the thickness of the film for high wear areas. There are multiple manufacturers of PPF that may meet different priorities.

A local store may be a ATT authorized reseller but when something goes wrong you then contact ATT corporate to resolve it if you can't get a resolution from the local authorized reseller.