white frost install question

i have a job that wants to put frost film up for glare.  windows are 10' x 4'.  i have always used a reflective film when doing this.  question is-will the frost cause glass breakage or is it safe for this application?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

I guess technically speaking any film can cause glass breakage.....hell the stuff breaks on it's own all the time, without any film. But factors should be taken into the equation before determining risk. Usually your manufacturers F2G charts are a good start. They tend to focus on the square footage of the glass, lowe coatings, irregular shading/exposure/shapes, solar absorbance and condition of frames. 

Looking at ST's white matte the TSA is 25%, not bad. :dunno But when looking at the F2G it has a similar risk assessment as the Silver 20. Definitely better than any DR in a darker shade. I'd say you were good unless all of those above factors are working against you. :twocents   

You did not say the compass orientation of the glass. Certain light physics situations can make white film "glow" . We have an east facing pair of  front windows on our shop with many "white" films on them. Some light conditions make them all look identical .Other situations encourage the "glow" phenomenon due to the way the different films refract or disperse the light.

When my cheap @$$ decides on a new free photo host I'll get some photos up.

On 8/18/2017 at 6:00 AM, jconnors said:

i have a job that wants to put frost film up for glare.  windows are 10' x 4'.  i have always used a reflective film when doing this.  question is-will the frost cause glass breakage or is it safe for this application?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

White frost, Not a good choice for a glare issue.

12 hours ago, WearTheFoxHat said:

When my cheap @$$ decides on a new free photo host I'll get some photos up.

I hear that, photo bucket is holding my pics hostage right now, I was going to pay a monthly charge but they would only take a YEAR price .................:mad