2017 911 Targa

Quick92RS

I do maybe 1 or 2 a month, everyone else down here seems scared. So I shrink everything wet. 

Basically however you set up a 06-13 corvette will work pretty much the same, if you shrink those well you won't have any problems on the shrink. The trick is cutting it very short on the sides, I use the top of the dots as a guide ( looks like your gonna have a lot of daylight) it'll never fit if you cut it normal, also I usually have someone help beside the car once I carry it over and sit down with the film.  It sux if you have a slip up then because you've got quite a bit of time in it by that point! Good Luck

14 hours ago, Super Dave said:

I do maybe 1 or 2 a month, everyone else down here seems scared. So I shrink everything wet. 

Basically however you set up a 06-13 corvette will work pretty much the same, if you shrink those well you won't have any problems on the shrink. The trick is cutting it very short on the sides, I use the top of the dots as a guide ( looks like your gonna have a lot of daylight) it'll never fit if you cut it normal, also I usually have someone help beside the car once I carry it over and sit down with the film.  It sux if you have a slip up then because you've got quite a bit of time in it by that point! Good Luck

Are you doing a normal H pattern to shrink it or are you tacking along the bottom edge all the way around?

I set up an H pattern, I try to pull a little more to the top as it is a better edge to shrink on. I make fingers as even as I can. I just found out I think most people say I pocket shrink ( I always thought everyone wet shrinks that way)

also I guess the center of my H is a little on the low side

I did one in Pinnacle and it took me 2 attempts to shrink it. But it stared lifting and fingering in the dot matrix in the sides after a couple days. I'm attempting to freehand it this time since PrecisionCut's pattern blows, and can't for the life of me get it to lay down in all 4 corners. I can get damn close, but can't get it. I'm giving up for the day though. I've been doing an H but have to curve it on the sides towards the top to even get it close. 

No ma'am is right! You can definitely over shrink that one and if it's cut too big you can have a similar problem on the corners and sides.  I never use patterns on windows with sufficient curve's like that ( everyone tends to shrink a little different and that's is very hard to account for when you are digitizing a pattern) I have heard that a few guys disassemble the trim on the inside of that one. I'm sure it would free up some room. I have not been that brave yet. Next time hand cut. I start cutting around the sat antenna first