2016 Audi S8/a8

Jake

I did a clear bra on this car last week. It is coming back Tuesday for tint. I had a chance to check it out while it was here. I can't see a way to remove the headrests. Am I missing something? Does not look like the seats fold down either. If not, that's going to be one hell of a tight one getting the film in. Also any tips on door panel removal? Needs felt.Thanks fellas.

Found it. Thanks Midtown. It did not pull up in a search. I had to just scroll down until I found it. 

Any tips on pulling the panels and felting? Do you pull the while seal all the way around or just cut it in the corners?

Edited by Jake

2017 Audi A8L need felt. Screw this car it’s a royal pain to work on. It’s fighting you the entire way. Front door panels is 3 8mm bolts. Two are behind the wood trim. Get a plastic wedge tool and poke near the door handle to pop it out. It’s super tight but will pop out then slide it forward. The other bolt is underneath in the storage area. The rear doors are even harder with Two under the wood and one under the door handle. There’s a speaker grill and right at the handle there’s a plastic cover that you pop off to reveal the hidden bolt.thia cover is not the grill like in the A6.  When the panel is off you have to remove the sun shade. The best way to do this is have it in the up position and then twist the rod to the left releasing it from the internal c clip then pull down. The felt seal is all one piece but I don’t see why you can’t just cut it where it attaches. That’s as far as I got today. I’m looking at cutting the seal so I can remove it to felt. It doesn’t look like it would effect regular operation of the windows. The panel would hold down the seal but any time u modify an expensive car there’s risk.

0DFB0DE3-24B6-4639-A1A9-6176E5C8682C.jpeg

Rear windshield has a foam that’s touches the glass from the rear sun shade assembly. So far I tinted it and have it curled against the foam. The foam is right at the edge of the dot matrix. Hopefully it can dry like that and I’ll leave it be. As for stock amp in the quarter panel I didn’t see any but I looked and saw that Audi engineers put a plastic cover to protect electronics from water. Be liberal with your slip on this one. I’ll report back on how it goes tomorrow when I finish