2016 Kia Sedona Minivan w/PRIVACY GLASS: worth putting on CRYSTALLINE?

My wife's 2016 Kia Sedona has privacy glass the back of vehicle: 2nd and 3rd rows + rear hatch.  It also has what Kia advertise as "Solar Control Glass on the windshield and front-door windows."  I'm dubious about the Solar Control glass part as I still feel it could use some additional protection.  I plan on putting Crystalline up front to help with that.  My question is, is it waster of money to put Crystalline in the back of the vehicle where it's already darken with the Privacy Glass.  I've seen a post on this forum that privacy glass absorbs the infrared while tint like Crystalline reflects it.

Undoubtedly the fronts will be Crystalline.  Should I just use Color Stable for the back?  Thanks.

IMO yes, no point in spending money on Crystalline if you are not going to get full protection.  I read on some forums and it seems most consumers haven't noticed much of a difference with the Solar Control Glass on the Windshield/Front Doors.  The rear has less blockage than the front meaning more of a need for protection.  It is advertised to only slow the build up of heat while the car is parked, but no matter what you do the car will be hot getting into it after sitting in the hot sun.  No matter what a factory glass brings to the table, a film that blocks heat and IR will take that same glass up to the next level.  If only doing the front windows, save some money and go with a quality Ceramic.

Archived