Small fingers

4 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Hey man, just got the GW, haven't used it yet, you seem to be making good use of it, any tips or tricks? Seems like jam and go, what's the best way to maximize clearance for the film? There's no videos about their use, i know it seems straight forward, but apparently you have to wear a cup when using the bungees? lol Can you hang a small weight instead? 

I ditched the bungees real fast way back in the early 90s and just finess/bottom load it and use the bottom of my hands/palms near wrists to push them outward so the film slides in and maybe need abit more slip than normal maybe and slide the front part in 1st on some

Takes some practice and most are all 2nd nature to me but i still remove the seals on a few rides

But lots of them are 5min installs with no heatgun mostly but occasional small crease from rushing? LoL

Edited by DOOTINT

tried gasket wizard late 80's,  seemed more a PITA then anything.  it was better then 2 inch masking tape pieces trying to tape the gasket back.  learned how to tuck with my olfa knife.  there were no EZ-reach or fancy tools back then.   Last year I saw the Shank for the first time and fell in love.  On really tight seals I use the shank with an EZ-reach to force the film in.  I refer to that as the double F%&k.

6 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Hey man, just got the GW, haven't used it yet, you seem to be making good use of it, any tips or tricks? Seems like jam and go, what's the best way to maximize clearance for the film? There's no videos about their use, i know it seems straight forward, but apparently you have to wear a cup when using the bungees? lol Can you hang a small weight instead? 

Hang one or two gallons of water on each bungee....i mean one gallon on each bungee...two per door

9 hours ago, shadytints said:

tried gasket wizard late 80's,  seemed more a PITA then anything.  it was better then 2 inch masking tape pieces trying to tape the gasket back.  learned how to tuck with my olfa knife.  there were no EZ-reach or fancy tools back then.   Last year I saw the Shank for the first time and fell in love.  On really tight seals I use the shank with an EZ-reach to force the film in.  I refer to that as the double F%&k.

People that topload and are good at it wont like the GWs i have noticed but you can still use them to keep the seals dry and no tuck tricks needed

And i prefer to peel the whole liner off and not touch the glue side of the film on doorglass installs

4 hours ago, Jkatfelix said:

Not talking crap or anything but just out of curiosity why not learn to remove window gaskets...

Exactly all this shrink this shrink that lay this. That gasket comes out in no time and then you don't have to tape or anything. Some guys are just stuck in their ways.