Small fingers

24 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

is it on youtube?

If you get one that you don't think will pop like this just pull harder. Now this is for the Chevy not dodge. All though dodge is similar. 

Edited by jh812

1 minute ago, Tint Slayer said:

Oh hey man i've seen your videos, good stuff. that's what i do as well when i can, getting it back on is the sucky part sometimes

Shouldn't be that bad to get on with these. Some others can be a little aggravating. 

1 hour ago, jh812 said:

:lol

I always worn the customer right to start with. Hey you're gonna hear some noises you're not gonna like :lol2

Had a salesman in the shop the other day as I was popping the top of a panel, he about shit himself :lol I told him that's part of why I don't let people wait at my shop for their vehicles 

Yeah, i had a custy on a mobile job watching me remove the trim on the panels on a newer VW Passat. Those things are on so tight. Sounds like its breaking when you release them!

If the sweeps are a pain to get back in i just take the whole panel off. 

Edited by pbalentine

Nice thread here,  love hearing the different techniques discussed.

I try never to touch the sticky stuff,  and yes my long fingernails freak a few out.  seen many fingerprints in film after they dry out.

seal and panels removal,  only when its faster then tucking.   old taurus,  15 malibu,  200's  or quality issue,  speed yes, quality first  

"If" a finger pops up, can siphon debris up with water ruining the pattern.   solution,  light snap or curl on the top of a door will show any potential fingers on the top, not hidden under the sweep.  by shrinking the top a little,  requires stretching the bottom to set (smiley).  say your tinting a 08 fushion door.  thin your slip or go on to soupy.  "If" the front edge of the front door slips down 1/32 inch when squeegeeing or rolling it up,  you end up with fingers.  another reason I seal the top and edges in my process.  not just custy stupidity rolling them down.   

math part

to R & R a door panel, including getting the tools and putting them back,  will say 4min average per door.  think I am being nice on that number.

book 6 4dr. cars in a day,   6X4=24 min

I can tint 2drs on another vehicle in 24min,  2 with an assistant

potential increase in sales for the saved 24min,   $80-$220(ceramic 2sets)

Time=money

10 hours ago, shadytints said:

math part

to R & R a door panel, including getting the tools and putting them back,  will say 4min average per door.  think I am being nice on that number.

book 6 4dr. cars in a day,   6X4=24 min

I can tint 2drs on another vehicle in 24min,  2 with an assistant

potential increase in sales for the saved 24min,   $80-$220(ceramic 2sets)

Time=money

See what you don't factor in is the time it takes you to tape, shrink, and fix creases.