94 corvette bg

egetorp

these ones are not too bad compared to the 2011 models ect. 

to be honest with 6 months experience u have on your profile, i don't know how i can explain to you the methods of how to do it.  You might be doing everything basic correctly. Just might need more hands on experience. I usually heat dry with bounce or a soap bar. I take off the shocks to tint the windows to give it a clean look and without the knobs there it will make it easier to heat. You will have to get someone with big muscles to hold the glass up for you while you clean and tint it though, since this glass is 1000kilos

18 minutes ago, egetorp said:

I cannot for the life of me get this to shrink right.   Should I wet shrink or dry shrink?  I even tried 3 piece but the curves just end up creasing!!! UHHHGGG!  These types of bg almost make me hate tinting.  

I don't know for sure,,, I still haven't done one... But I was told you need a 60" roll, turned sideways to accomplish this properly. :dunno 

Thanks for the response blackoutauto.  I’m going to try again tomorrow. I did start with dry shrinking then when the curve wouldn’t shrink I added some water and it didn’t seem to help.  Then I used the center part that I shrunk and cut off the sides and tried to just do the curves separate thinking it’d be a piece of cake. Lol I was wrong!  

yea try to avoid putting water into it, you should be able to heat the window out just dry. take it slow 

Watch this video here, copy exactly how he heats it out side to side while taking your time. Start heating with the glove and the u can go over it a 2nd time with a hard squeegee. i know its not the same year but you will get the idea.  just keep trying over and over and eventually you can figure it out. I got really good at vette windows when i had a custom muscle shops give me 3 vettes a day

Edited by blackoutauto

I found someone to show me in person how to get it done.  Interesting thing was he didn’t use the h pattern he used a vertical line down the center.  Then did what the video showed.  Lift and heat and didn't rush. 

On 10/6/2017 at 6:43 PM, egetorp said:

Thanks for the response blackoutauto.  I’m going to try again tomorrow. I did start with dry shrinking then when the curve wouldn’t shrink I added some water and it didn’t seem to help.  Then I used the center part that I shrunk and cut off the sides and tried to just do the curves separate thinking it’d be a piece of cake. Lol I was wrong!  

Dry and take time with the bottom curves. A little at a time back and fourth from one side to the other.( Key is allowing film to cool back down before hitting it with heat again, which only takes about 20 secs, that is why shrink some on one side and go to the other, back an fourth). What film are you using?, as there are brands out there that will cause problems too, some films weren't made to shrink that much. Metal HP's were the worst...

Cheers