96 ferrari 355

Guest sdtintin

Guest sdtintin

thanks guys

unfortunately my insurance company is being a asss and are trying everything possible to weezle there way out of paying for it ,so I said fook it il just pay 4 it be done and put it down to experience ,rung around every window dealer in the uk nope nobodys got 1 ,spoke to a guy at a ferrari dealer and he informed me that this piece of glass is very fragile n its a very common thing for these to break ,hes had people hit a pot hole in the road and the shock has cracked the screen ,finaly located a screen (5 of them actualy) ?1240 each so I rung the customer explained what was going on with the insurance etc n said I will just pay for a new screen and he said he will pay half for the new screen :nope I thought that was very nice of him ,im going to collect the screen tomorrow tint it out of the car leave it to dry for a few days then its going to a pro windscreen installer to refit it ,if they break it then I know where theres a few more :nope ,1 guy at a ferrari dealer said that so many rear screens get broken that they actually sel perspex rear screens from clear to limo black for ?200 handy to know I guess ,ive mad a mental note now that if I get a phone call to tint a f355 just to put the phone straight down :hmmm

im just glad the guys cool with it all

the window came out fine and tinted great a real light shrink was all that was needed it broke on the way back into the car

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sdtintin

I actualy got a price from the states and the glass alone the dealers pay $2850

so be carefull if ya tint a f355 ferrari berlinetta the rear screen is very delicate and tricky

Guest sdtintin

got the new glass n its all tinted im delivering it back to the dude tomorrow and he can find a window fitting company to fit it as im going no where near the dam thing :thumb dam it hurt me having to pay that much money for a tiny ass bit of glass not to mention the 3 hour journey to collect it ,oh well il know next time

Guest sdtintin

I charged ?250 ($450) new screen ?1261.01 ($2269.81) so all in all the job ended up costing me ?1011 ($1819) there goes this months profit :lol not only that but the guy rung me today n said theres a few specs in the side glass :lol im going to have a look monday but im seriously considering cutting my losses n giving him his money back and walking away and put this 1 down to experience :thumb:nope

Archived