Wrap durability in hot climates

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I live in the southeast (USA) and environmental conditions are different when comparing the Northeast vs Midwest vs Southeast vs Southwest etc.

If a car is not garage-kept, will wrap withstand the sun, rain and heat in hot climate? And particular type one should use in this type of climate? How long before it looks shabby?

Hi Breeze! If you use a good reputable product like 3M vinyl with a UV protecting over-laminate a wrap should withstand heat, sun and heat for about 5 years. I would recommend not wrapping the roof, as that area will fail first. 

I sell vehicle wraps for a living, so if you have any other questions, feel free to give me a shout!

Thanks, Becky

Thanks  Becky for the feedback. I'm wanna do it by Spring. It's a Jeep Wrangler (jku) so I can skip doing the roof and even use my soft top. I imagine the hood will take most of the sun and heat. I was given an estimate of $2,500. If that doesn't sound right, please someone let me know. I'll shop around if necessary.

17 hours ago, breeze29 said:

Thanks  Becky for the feedback. I'm wanna do it by Spring. It's a Jeep Wrangler (jku) so I can skip doing the roof and even use my soft top. I imagine the hood will take most of the sun and heat. I was given an estimate of $2,500. If that doesn't sound right, please someone let me know. I'll shop around if necessary.

At our shop we do very little vinyl wrapping. I do how ever have a couple friends that do it in our area exclusively, and that price would be very low. I do know different regions have different pricing. 

On 12/2/2017 at 6:16 PM, breeze29 said:

I agree with Jake, the price seems low.  Are you looking at a printed advertising wrap, or a color-change wrap?  The pricing is very different for each.

On 12/4/2017 at 3:50 PM, APTinting-Becky said:

I agree with Jake, the price seems low.  Are you looking at a printed advertising wrap, or a color-change wrap?  The pricing is very different for each.

It's a color change wrap - from factory black to satin black.

On 12/2/2017 at 3:16 PM, breeze29 said:

On 11/27/2017 at 11:42 AM, APTinting-Becky said:

Hi Breeze! If you use a good reputable product like 3M vinyl with a UV protecting over-laminate a wrap should withstand heat, sun and heat for about 5 years. I would recommend not wrapping the roof, as that area will fail first. 

I sell vehicle wraps for a living, so if you have any other questions, feel free to give me a shout!

Thanks, Becky

Hi Breeze! 

Hope you are doing well, Car wrapping is the finest way to keep your car (Jeep Wrangler) clean and safe from scratches. i have also done my car wrap. really it is amazing and it has made my dream true as i was thought for my future sports car. the credit goes to a most reputed brand from Dallas Tx who having a well experienced rolart.net vehicle wrap experts they have the wide range of wrapping material Vinyl wrap, 3M Vinyl wrap with an affordable range. 

you could connect with them from 972-590-6590

Edited by TintDude
Link removed