Cutting through back linear

duggk

I have always hand cut my auto film but recently purchased software to cut patterns the problem it is randomly cutting through back linear

I have a Graphtec FC8000-160 and have replaced cutting stripe, new blade and cleaned the blade holder assembly. I keep adjusting pressure but either I’m cutting through in areas or not cutting in another area. Any input would be appreciated 

16 hours ago, duggk said:

I have always hand cut my auto film but recently purchased software to cut patterns the problem it is randomly cutting through back linear

I have a Graphtec FC8000-160 and have replaced cutting stripe, new blade and cleaned the blade holder assembly. I keep adjusting pressure but either I’m cutting through in areas or not cutting in another area. Any input would be appreciated 

I run into that problem recently, what helped me was extending the blade out further and lowering the force. Also make sure the the blade will spin freely with just your finger tip. Takes a little bit to get them fine tuned. 

If you ever cut through the relief sheet of your window tint using your plotter,  your blade is too far out.  Normal pressure for a graphtec FC8600 cutter is in the "13" range.  Give or take a little.  Once your blade depth is set, you should never have to change to blade depth again with that exact blade.  When then blade becomes dull over a period of time, you simply increase your force to combat a dulling blade.  Clean Cut Blades makes a 25 degree blade for your graphtec blue tip blade holder.  The blades works really good and cut consistent.  Another good idea it to use a little compressed air to blow out the end of the blade holder.  Window film hard coat dust will collect there and needs to be cleaned out from time to time.  This will allow the blade to spin freely and give you consistent cuts. 

Good luck.  

2 hours ago, duggk said:

I’ve gone ahead and purchased a 25 degree blade. l currently using a 45degree blade and run the pressure @ 10 to 11. It is so hit and miss. I’ll keep you posted 

You probably need to slap a fresh cutting strip in there with the new blade, even if the existing one is newer or doesn't look bad. If you've been cutting through the liner your current strip is going to be scored from it which will cause issues with inconsistency with the new blade not cutting deep enough in some areas while cutting too deep in others. I learned that one the hard way.

another thing to remember, when replacing cutting strip;

always make sure you clean the cutting strip channel with alcohol or a solvent that evaporates without residue like brake parts cleaner. if you leave adhesive behind from old strip, this will cause high spots in the strip and give you an inconsistent cut. hope this helps

cheers