Instagram/ Facebook Advice

Wondering if anyone has specific advice for increasing followers on Instagram and likes on Facebook without following thousands of people first??? 

Or if your shop doesn't care about social media, why?? Do you think it won't bring in any more business? 

We're deciding whether or not to continue our social media efforts and move back to print advertising for our shop. 

As far as increasing followers we recently did an ad campaign through a 3rd party company. They work a budget for you. While it did increase likes it didn't increase business directly that I could see. But hopefully the likes turn into paying customers at some point in time. Did it for a few months and decided to pull the plug.

Personally I think print advertising is overpriced and gets little return on investment. But depending on the medium it may or may not work for you. I prefer to stick to free social media advertising.

I'd say continue with social media and try out some print ads here and there as your budget allows.

I suggest to do all social media including FB, IG, and Youtube.  Unique photos and videos tend to get more attraction from consumers...hashtags/keywords also help people find the material.  Downside is getting more likes or followers does not equal more business in-store.  You have to try all forms of paid advertising and see what works best for you.  Adwords/Yelp works great for us, others FB is the best, and others IG.  If you do run ads or promote posts on FB, link your IG account so the ads will also show there.

12 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Downside is getting more likes or followers does not equal more business in-store.

I got into digital media in 2007. I created TunerlifestyleTV, a video magazine for car enthusiasts and in 2012 I expanded into other categories with That Video Mag, a video magazine about local culture.

DynamicATL is right, likes and followers do not equal more business and many shops make that mistake. After years of producing content here's what works.

https://www.myservicesite.com/news/casting-call-for-automotive-video-series

On 12/18/2017 at 6:20 PM, CaliTINT said:

As far as increasing followers we recently did an ad campaign through a 3rd party company. They work a budget for you. While it did increase likes it didn't increase business directly that I could see. But hopefully the likes turn into paying customers at some point in time. Did it for a few months and decided to pull the plug.

Personally I think print advertising is overpriced and gets little return on investment. But depending on the medium it may or may not work for you. I prefer to stick to free social media advertising.

I'd say continue with social media and try out some print ads here and there as your budget allows.

Thank you for your advice!!  We've run a few ad campaigns through Facebook and Instagram, and it hasn't necessarily increased our reach. At the same time, it was our first few campaigns, but I feel like word of mouth is still the best marketing strategy. 

On 12/18/2017 at 9:57 PM, DynamicATL said:

I suggest to do all social media including FB, IG, and Youtube.  Unique photos and videos tend to get more attraction from consumers...hashtags/keywords also help people find the material.  Downside is getting more likes or followers does not equal more business in-store.  You have to try all forms of paid advertising and see what works best for you.  Adwords/Yelp works great for us, others FB is the best, and others IG.  If you do run ads or promote posts on FB, link your IG account so the ads will also show there.

Thanks for your advice!! We have Instagram and Facebook... haven't tried YouTube. What kind of videos would you suggest??? Videos of us tinting cars or more lifestyle videos like of our tinters and around the shop? 

On 12/19/2017 at 10:21 AM, Rollmodl said:

I got into digital media in 2007. I created TunerlifestyleTV, a video magazine for car enthusiasts and in 2012 I expanded into other categories with That Video Mag, a video magazine about local culture.

DynamicATL is right, likes and followers do not equal more business and many shops make that mistake. After years of producing content here's what works.

https://www.myservicesite.com/news/casting-call-for-automotive-video-series

Sweet! thank you!! I'll look into that. 

4 hours ago, itintforlife said:

Thanks for your advice!! We have Instagram and Facebook... haven't tried YouTube. What kind of videos would you suggest??? Videos of us tinting cars or more lifestyle videos like of our tinters and around the shop? 

Both...you can do videos while tinting cars as well as walk around after the vehicle is completed.  We get a lot of views when we do videos showing off the clarity while driving done the road.  We actually need to do a lot more...we mainly upload photos made into a video which gets views, but seems to get a lot of dislikes from people.  :lol

Edited by DynamicATL