Looking for Winter Tips and Tricks

my torpedo is 110k btu propane.  stinks less then kerosene and heats quick.  ultra bond is a madico product,  by it from pro-view,  never tried dirt off or film on.  million dollar question is what temp and how long before the film bonds and wont peel.  I seal edges on roll downs,  sick of watching custy's roll them down leaving the lot when you tell them 3 to 5 days keep them up.   vids on the youtube, Rob Forbes to see process.  clean and first pass to set with 9-10 inch yellow turbo,  fushion to remove all possible slip.  saves time.

216.889.9505  proview down the street in cleveland

docs said bad disc and kept uping the dose of pills and kept getting worse.  so I dropped them.  have a new doc trying to reverse what they did to me.  waiting on the new diagnosis.  either party till I pop off or back to work in a year or so  LOL

posted this years ago and I really don't use it anymore but this was my back window heating solution.  It was created to bag windows when the sun was not out and in the winter also.  Worked great to bake the back windows in colder shops.  6 IR heat lamps and I later put on 2 more.  Covered the back window of most cars very well.

lights up.JPG

lights over 2.JPG

On 12/22/2017 at 5:20 PM, Ryker said:

posted this years ago and I really don't use it anymore but this was my back window heating solution.  It was created to bag windows when the sun was not out and in the winter also.  Worked great to bake the back windows in colder shops.  6 IR heat lamps and I later put on 2 more.  Covered the back window of most cars very well.

bet you got a nice tan along the way lol

@Tint Slayer It's working pretty well so far. It came plain Jane with only a wash sink and lights. If I purchase the unit my monthly cost goes WAYY down (obviously picking up a mortgage payment in turn) and I am allowed to make some changes in the unit. A lot of them in the complex have bathrooms and loft areas. The biggest up side to me was the radiant floor heat system. Less air moving around means less contamination especially with just getting started.

Right now I am storing a car for a friend for the winter and still have plenty of space for my desk, plotter and a storage shelf for tint rolls and tools.

Now if I could just figure out how to do this shit right the first time and stop throwing away creased or misaligned patterns I would be all set. Haha!

On 12/19/2017 at 7:56 AM, ErieTint said:

Thanks @shadytints, I will bump my temperature up a little bit. I was thinking of doing that anyway, at least on the days that I am working. I currently still have a full time job and am just getting the ball rolling so work on tint is still mostly weekends until I get faster. There is an older furnace blower in my garage that is getting a case built around it to make a hobby style air filter to hopefully help with some of the debris. I was actually thinking of getting a small heat lamp or 110v heater setup that I could stand mount and point at the windows that I had already finished to help dry them out while I worked the unfinished ones.

@TintWizard, By "colder climates" I mainly meant below freezing temperatures outside. I have seen mention of the horror stories of water behind the film freezing after a customers car leaves and I do not want that at all. You have a PM from me and thanks in advance for the help!

I had this happen, big time, after tinting one of my personal cars years ago.  It was cooler than normal, and I didn't have a garage to park the car in overnight the first night.

The water between the film/glass was frozen, so bad I couldn't drive the car since I couldn't see through them.  Good news though; once the ice melted the following day, the film dried normally without any indication of freezing or damage!  I was surprised, to say the least.

If the overnight temp is forecasted <0°F, I'll tell customers to park in a garage (even if unheated), or leave with me overnight to sit in my shop.