How do i know / test to make sure i've got ceramic ?

This is an old thread but thought I'd drop a fairly easy way to see if you have ceramic tint. Get some polorized sunglasses. When looking at a sunny blue sky thru the sunglasses and the windows you'll get a rainbow effect, ie you'll see cyan and violet in the sky instead of just solid blue.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:25 PM, Guest Ricky said:

This is an old thread but thought I'd drop a fairly easy way to see if you have ceramic tint. Get some polorized sunglasses. When looking at a sunny blue sky thru the sunglasses and the windows you'll get a rainbow effect, ie you'll see cyan and violet in the sky instead of just solid blue.

Hate to break it to you but all tint does that with polarized sunglasses and the right viewing angle, ceramic or not.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:57 PM, highplains said:

Hate to break it to you but all tint does that with polarized sunglasses and the right viewing angle, ceramic or not.

Sorry, to clarify. To check for clear tint. I got a clear ceramic tint on my front windshield. That’s how I was able to tell, aside from it being much cooler

Guest James Robert

Had my car done a little over a month ago by what seems to be a very reputable shop (and pretty much the only choice for ceramic around here).  They used Madico Black Pearl Nano-Ceramic.  For the most part, it does look great.  The hatchback window is a complete disaster though, and there's a few spots with bubbles that didn't go away and some dust and at least one hair/fibre trapped underneath.

I'm curious what people think is 'normal' and whether I'm being too picky about some of the issues, or if it's reasonable to expect it to turn out nearly perfect.

https://techconsumptions.com/best-laptops-for-watching-netflix/https://techconsumptions.com/best-laptops-for-watching-netflix/

The explanation for the hatchback window was weld spatter.  The guy did the window twice and that's what it looked like the second time.  I've asked a couple other people (auto body pros, not other tinters) and they said it's possible that's what it is. You can feel the bumps if you run your hand along the inside of the hatchback window.  I have a feeling I'm out of luck on that windows, but I still can't say I'm happy with the side windows that I took pics of either.  I don't know if I'm being unreasonable or not; they did tell me that they guaranteed their work, but I don't know what that normally entails.  I'm going to contact them this week now that the month is up (and a few bubbles did work themselves out during that time) but I wanted to see what other people with much more experience thought first.

Had my car done a little over a month ago by what seems to be a very reputable shop (and pretty much the only choice for ceramic around here).  They used Madico Black Pearl Nano-Ceramic.  For the most part, it does look great.  The hatchback window is a complete disaster though, and there's a few spots with bubbles that didn't go away and some dust and at least one hair/fibre trapped underneath.

I'm curious what people think is 'normal' and whether I'm being too picky about some of the issues, or if it's reasonable to expect it to turn out nearly perfect.

https://techconsumptions.com/

The explanation for the hatchback window was weld spatter.  The guy did the window twice and that's what it looked like the second time.  I've asked a couple other people (auto body pros, not other tinters) and they said it's possible that's what it is. You can feel the bumps if you run your hand along the inside of the hatchback window.  I have a feeling I'm out of luck on that windows, but I still can't say I'm happy with the side windows that I took pics of either.  I don't know if I'm being unreasonable or not; they did tell me that they guaranteed their work, but I don't know what that normally entails.  I'm going to contact them this week now that the month is up (and a few bubbles did work themselves out during that time) but I wanted to see what other people with much more experience thought first.