Alchemy ExoShield Windshield Protection

Anyone heard of these guys out of Canada?  Got an email that they have a rep stopping in our area in Janurary and wanted to see if anyone carries it?  There are some dealers in the Northeast, Midwest, and California.  I was signed up for Clearplex, but never fully started offering it.  Then Madico bought them, called for pricing, but never heard anything from them.  So wanted to see if the ExoShield is comparable.

I been searching for a good windshield protection product. I know many of them just don't have the longevity and I didn't think it was worth it for the customer to install something like this for that price but doesn't last long.

I had an ExoShield rep stop by my shop maybe 5 months back. I think (I have to double check) he said the product will last 2 years. I ended up signing up and purchasing a "training/practice" roll. I can't compare to other products because I never tried anything else. I installed it on my vehicle and so far so good. No peeling back, windshield wiper marks (yet), etc. I guess we'll have to find out how it lasts long term.

Also this stuff is super thick and couldn't shrink it when we were practicing.  I'd also like to hear if anyone else has tried it.

We tested ClearPlex which is also super thick...bout the same work shrinking it as Crystalline.  Shrunk it backwards, then flipped to install.  I decided against that one cause several people told me about the windshield wipers damaging specifically ClearPlex.  This one is supposed to be no marks as long as you them clean from dirt, debris.  Good to hear someone has it in the field.

Wish I could even entertain the thought of offering a product like that here. It'd be nice because it's tough to keep a good windshield for long due to the number of trucks kicking up gravel on the roads but most people don't garage their vehicles and I'm sure the first frost would spell sure destruction of the film.

I have some here at the shop. I haven't installed it yet. A bit gun shy after having Clear Plex go bad so fast years ago.I expressed my concerns of longevity to the rep. His reply is I don't have to worry, it has a warranty.:lol I've heard that before.

6 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Anyone heard of these guys out of Canada?  Got an email that they have a rep stopping in our area in Janurary and wanted to see if anyone carries it?  There are some dealers in the Northeast, Midwest, and California.  I was signed up for Clearplex, but never fully started offering it.  Then Madico bought them, called for pricing, but never heard anything from them.  So wanted to see if the ExoShield is comparable.

They came to my shop...so I stop everything I was doing to test the film...it scratch easy...the guy was more of trying to sell a warranty product more than the windshield product. “You can charge customer additional $150 for up to $1000 for their windshield cost” I heard this with Bray and other detail product like Perma Plate....I will not sell a product that don’t work. But we do need a windshield protection product that the scratch coat can be more durable...but this is not it...