Window Film Cores Recycling!

On 10/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, TomTint said:

We have thrown out countless numbers of old cores.....I wish I had had kept the 72" ones... We use them to re roll printed film. 

Can I send you mine? These things pile up and I hate tossing them. Have this crazy idea I’ll find some use for them one day. Maybe a film credit :chin 

Just now, Tint Eastwood said:

Can I send you mine? These things pile up and I hate tossing them. Have this crazy idea I’ll find some use for them one day. Maybe a film credit :chin 

We pay short money for them now.. if I were closer to you it would be worthwhile to pick them up..but shipping them is probably a net negative 

I dump most of the cores as soon as I can so they don't pile up.  But I do keep the end caps and put them in 40" boxes.  

My former distributer said that was what he wanted saved most.  I think he said they cost more than cores ? 

Someone who distributes will get my stash at some point.  :D 

2 minutes ago, Bham said:

I dump most of the cores as soon as I can so they don't pile up.  But I do keep the end caps and put them in 40" boxes.  

My former distributer said that was what he wanted saved most.  I think he said they cost more than cores ? 

Someone who distributes will get my stash at some point.  :D 

End caps are really box specific. Meaning that depending on what size box the distributor uses, it's usually engineered to fit the material with a specific end cap. ..some end caps are wider than others to absorb and spread the weight of the material. Others are like the little black ones with a 1/4" flange...basically good for 20" rolls of auto film... not 100 foot rolls of Dusted Crystal