Suntek CXP vs CIR?

Just found out about this forum. I was looking to get my car tinted and most shops in my area use suntek for some reason. I got quotes averaging $300 for the CXP and $200 more for the CIR. My question is, is the CIR worth the extra $200? Thank you

The local Suntek guy here charges $160 for CIR on a standard vehicle.  He charges an additional $40 if you have an SUV.  Now, I have yet to see an install come out of his shop that didn't have scratches or hazing issues, but whatever...  To think, I thought I was being fair when I offered SolarFX or Global ceramic for $250, only to have customers try to get me down to $160 to meet the other guy's price.  Granted, this guy always tries to do 15 to 20 cars per day and has multiple employees so I guess he prefers to make his money in volume versus per car.  I'm just a part-timer who prefers to offer what I feel is the better product for a fair price.

Sadly, all anyone local thinks is that I am ripping them off because this other guy sells the "same tint" for a lower price and that is exactly how he advertises.  They seem to not give a hoot about hazing or scratching and are quick to point out that I am charging too much money and ripping them off.

Finally, the last time I looked into Suntek pricing, I wondered how they could offer a quality ceramic tint at their pricing point.  After working with some, I learned that it isn't a quality ceramic tint, hence the low per foot price point.  OTOH, I was shocked at how easy it shrunk for a ceramic tint but that is due to the fact that it is missing the scratch resistant layer that higher end ceramics have.

well for some reason (know that you guys say it, its more than obvious its cause of cheap material) the majority of the of the shops here use suntek films. They all charge a base price of $350 for the CXP (some even charging that for only the rear windows, rip off) and $450 for the CIR. Can't afford to get 3M or Llumar  since those cost around $600~700.

9 minutes ago, Mulkogi said:

well for some reason (know that you guys say it, its more than obvious its cause of cheap material) the majority of the of the shops here use suntek films. They all charge a base price of $350 for the CXP (some even charging that for only the rear windows, rip off) and $450 for the CIR. Can't afford to get 3M or Llumar  since those cost around $600~700.

Quality of the shop is the highest priority, but as for films...Llumar, SolarFX, Global, 3M (CS & Up), Madico, Huper Optik, and Formula One are all better options than Suntek.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:49 AM, Mulkogi said:

Just found out about this forum. I was looking to get my car tinted and most shops in my area use suntek for some reason. I got quotes averaging $300 for the CXP and $200 more for the CIR. My question is, is the CIR worth the extra $200? Thank you

Go with the cxp I have on all three of my vehicles.

4 minutes ago, blackoutauto said:

no solarguard?!?! lol

Honestly don't know much about it and don't see many people rep it.  I have never once heard anyone say they love SolarGuard...haven't heard anything negative about it either.  All of the films I mentioned we have used with the exception of Global...that one has plenty of rep which is why I included it.

Edited by DynamicATL