Florida medical exemption

liftedpsd2010

I have a sunscreen medical exemption in Florida and did 5 percent all the way around and 15 on windshield. I haven’t been pulled over yet but will they be able to see it when they run my tag or will they just pull me over every time and I have to show the paper? Also If I travel to nc am I going to get hassled even with a tint medical exemption? Thanks

As far as the traveling through other states, your exemption is for Florida.  So soon as you pass into GA, SC, NC, etc...it is 100% illegal and can be pulled over/ticketed.  Especially in GA with the Georgia State Patrol...tint is a pet peeve for them.  It is like when I went to NC...I wanted to bring my gun.  I have a GA Carry License that was honored in NC, but not SC.  So if I was pulled over in SC, I would of gone to jail...so left it at home.  Luckily they now accept GA Carry License in their state.

Edited by DynamicATL

As far as the traveling through other states, your exemption is for Florida.  So soon as you pass into GA, SC, NC, etc...it is 100% illegal and can be pulled over/ticketed.  Especially in GA with the Georgia State Patrol...tint is a pet peeve for them.  It is like when I went to NC...I wanted to bring my gun.  I have a GA Carry License that was honored in NC, but not SC.  So if I was pulled over in SC, I would of gone to jail...so left it at home.  Luckily they now accept GA Carry License in their state.

Yea I understand it’s 100% illegal but kind of doesn’t make sense. If I want to use my medical exemption I have to stay in Florida? I can understand states that don’t have medical exemptions but ga and nc have medical exemptions. I guess I’ll take my chances and hope they don’t care.

10 minutes ago, liftedpsd2010 said:

Yea I understand it’s 100% illegal but kind of doesn’t make sense. If I want to use my medical exemption I have to stay in Florida? I can understand states that don’t have medical exemptions but ga and nc have medical exemptions. I guess I’ll take my chances and hope they don’t care.

It is based on state law...so it is only good in FL.  In GA even with our medical exemption, you would be illegal because the exemption only drops the sides/rears down to 23% and still nothing on the windshield besides a 6" strip.