Florida medical exemption

liftedpsd2010

And as a tint shop I don’t believe you have the medical knowledge to know what is correct for my type of condition. I would also kindly tell you it’s none of your business and find a different shop. I am not required by law to give you my medical condition. And as long as my tint request with said medical condition falls in the specifications stated by medical exemption then I think you should just tint it.

So you are saying dark tint is unsafe? So why is it officers can have dark tint? Do they have special vision that allows them to see better than me or you? I would think it was more unsafe for an officer to have darker tint because of their driving conditions. So don’t tell me I am unsafe driving normal speed limit with dark tint but an officer can have dark tint and do 20,30,40 mph over the speed limit with said unsafe tint.

No need to be defensive.

Moving on to another shop wouldn't bother me in the slightest. The point is, medical waivers address either UV or Light sensitivity, any window tinter knows this and is their choice whether to tint or not tint accordingly. Most just blindly apply the darkest to appease the client. I on the other hand would encourage non-use of dark tint (especially limo/5%) since having experienced two separate driving incidents that led to vehicle damage and the other almost injuring a cyclist because I could not see (after dark). California has a waiver and with it comes restrictions. A person with a medical waiver is prohibited from driving after dark. But then again, California is much like the Europeans; far ahead in their thinking of other's safety.

Cop cars are exempt due to the nature of their job and officers also are trained to a level of skill that would put the average driver to shame in any situation. I have family in law enforcement who have extreme driving skills I (an average Joe) wouldn't begin to attempt.

I'm guessing its light sensitivity since the windshield already screens UV, although, for those that are UV sensitive the windscreen would still benefit them with tint applied. I was basing input on your implied uneasiness in the decision to use 5 or 15%.  No offense, no foul.

I think that anything darker than a 40% on a windshield should not be driven after dark.   I have 80% on my wives windshield and it is a noticeable difference in the brightness at night.  15% is nothing short of stupid if you ever drive after dark. 

What I do not understand is states that do not specify an allowed VLT with a medical waiver.  This means you could essentially put blackout film, 3 layers of 5%, or paint the windows and technically be legal.  I am glad GA states the percentage because I love bursting bubbles when idiots think they can get 5% on their car and 15% on the windshield, but be legal with the waiver.  Nope...plus love to send them on the way since we don't carry 5% and lowest we do on windshields is 50%.

I’m not trying to be defensive just stating how I would handle the situation if it arose. Yea I went through three years of driving classes to be able to see dark tint like the police do..90 percent of cops have 6 months of school and that includes leaning all the laws. No way do they have any bad ass driving training and it damn sure wouldn’t help to see better. Let’s be glad I don’t live in California cause I would hate to be told every little thing to do and not be able to think on my own just a little.

If Florida had specifics in their law I would abide by those specifics but fortunately for me there are no specifics mentioned in the exemption. I am happy with my tint and drive at night all the time. It’s not as hard as everyone thinks and you would be very surprised how easily you can see.

I am not sure if it is 100% law or not, but here in Utah the HP pull people over for tint with out of state plates. Our southern boarder is close to Vegas. The HP down that way love to ticket Nevada drivers with dark tint. When I say dark I mean fronts with 5% on them. They know the Nevada law is 35%. I myself have had it happen when I lived in Vegas at the time, and was on a trip in Utah. The cop was a jerk , he said "if you are in my State you will abide by our laws". Yes he said MY state.:lol So I would definitely have your paper work handy at all times.