plexiglass sunroof

Guest expertint

Guest expertint

We found out the hard way that this car has a plexiglass sunroof..any tips on repairing a deep scratch in plexiglass...Hurry. It's a newer model.

That sucks expert. How did you guys remove it? There might be a polish or something someone on here knows about that might make it less noticeable. But I think you out of luck. Sorry to hear about that.

Guest expertint

The customer hasn't noticed it yet and I hope he doesn't read this but I'll hope we get away with one for once.I cant take full blame as we didn't know it was plexi..so it's not totally our fault.

Guest Braud Spectrum
The customer hasn't noticed it yet and I hope he doesn't read this but I'll hope we get away with one for once.I cant take full blame as we didn't know it was plexi..so it's not totally our fault.

Aww man! :thumb Did you inform him of the reason it wasn't tinted when he picked it up ? He may check it out himself out of curiosity... then you are busted. I think I'd have fessed up. :ford Really wasn't your fault...

Meguiars Mirror Glaze#17 professional plastic cleaner and #10 professional plastic polish is what we use to use on aircraft windshields. It might be worth a try if the scratches are not to deep! Good luck. :lol

Guest tintgod

yep...we had one come in at the last shop I worked at...I think it was the 2002 celica....or 01...cant really remember...but my boss was doing it...cut it out...didnt feel right when he cut on it...and it was plexi...we just told the cutomer...and gave them the tint job free...they were fine with that..so we came out ok...didnt have to replace the sunroof...and they got a free tint job.. :lol..always be honest with your costumer....they are your best friends... :lol

Guest expertint

I'm tired of having to fork over alot of money for an honest mistake,,around here most people won't let you off they want to make sure you get stuck so thats why we didn't say anything looks like we got by on it..I'm not against righting my wrongs but in this case we didn't know it was plexi and how would we know???

Archived