Tesla 3 Windshield Film Computer Problems

mrav8tr

Just installed windshield film on the new Tesla 3. Normal windshield Installation, cover, protect dash etc. Almost all film installs we do include windshield so we protect dash electrics.

Center screen computer shorted. 

Anyone else have this occur?

31 minutes ago, Midtown Houston said:

How much are u charging additional to do that model 3 

Only $200...I want to get atleast one in to try it out.  Once we have done one, we will adjust the price accordingly.  There is another Crystalline dealer we are friends with in GA.  They have tinted two of them, but the customers didn't want to pay the $150 up charge so they only tinted the sides.  I know Autoskinz already tinted one in Crystalline I saw so I know it is possible.

9 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Only $200...I want to get atleast one in to try it out.  Once we have done one, we will adjust the price accordingly.  There is another Crystalline dealer we are friends with in GA.  They have tinted two of them, but the customers didn't want to pay the $150 up charge so they only tinted the sides.  I know Autoskinz already tinted one in Crystalline I saw so I know it is possible.

They show me how to do a Model X windshield....love them guys...they help me set up my Tesla as a loaner...

I recently tinted a model x windshield , it’s something like 60 inches tall . Ridiculous . Anyway took an hour and a half . But the water drips down in the exact spot where the huge screen is , so you have to get a bunch of big towels and cover the screen the whole time . The water drips on the exact button that turns the climate on and off. And there’s this stupid divider line 2/3 way up the windshield. Anyway I charged 450 to tint the whole car. Took 4 hours total eeekkkk. And it has Lamborghini doors in the back, open straight up . Always start with the hardest part of the car make sure you got it before the easy part 🤔

Haven’t done the 3 yet, but I’ve done several X’s and a ton of S’s.  I’m terrified of burning something up on a windshield, but especially Tesla’s. I always double up the microfibers on Tesla dashes and I use the soakshield. I clean it with one in, then change to a dry one for install. So far so good. And that’s a ton of water on that x windshield, to get that thing positioned right,  window needs extra slip and to stay nice and wet for a good amount of time