slip solutions

I have been using Suntek since it came out and no issues with sticking. I use J&J baby shampoo and it works just fine. In fact we have two Raptors in the shop right now... one full front and lowers the other full vehicle. The hoods lay nice and easy. The only time I have had issues with film not sticking is if it was ceramic coated first and there were distinct valleys in the panels. If that the case I use more tack solution in those areas. I use a pressure tank to apply my slip solution and spray bottles to apply my tack solution just where I need it. Sounds to me like you may be a little heavy with your baby shampoo in your slip. 

I use fusions slip and tint slime in a poly sprayer. I always eyeball my slip basically putting in about a half of a shot glass or less. I’ll spray it on my peel board before using it on the car just to see how soapy it is. I don’t make it soapy, just enough to be able to move the film and have it almost tack on its own, regardless of what film I use this formula works for me. I haven’t had to use alcohol or anything like that in a long time sine I adopted this method and I’ve used them all. Works on Xpel, suntek and 3M proshield really well. Good luck! :thumb

On 3/1/2018 at 5:52 AM, pro-tect mobile said:

I have been using Suntek since it came out and no issues with sticking. I use J&J baby shampoo and it works just fine. In fact we have two Raptors in the shop right now... one full front and lowers the other full vehicle. The hoods lay nice and easy. The only time I have had issues with film not sticking is if it was ceramic coated first and there were distinct valleys in the panels. If that the case I use more tack solution in those areas. I use a pressure tank to apply my slip solution and spray bottles to apply my tack solution just where I need it. Sounds to me like you may be a little heavy with your baby shampoo in your slip. 

Glass coating is to be applied on top of the PPF. Why install the PPF then? Just curious. Ceramic coating make the clear 50 times stronger. I usually don’t recommend to a customer with glass coating to install PPF. Doesn’t make sense to me unless....

Just my opinion. 

Cheers

On 3/4/2018 at 9:41 PM, drtint said:

Glass coating is to be applied on top of the PPF. Why install the PPF then? Just curious. Ceramic coating make the clear 50 times stronger. I usually don’t recommend to a customer with glass coating to install PPF. Doesn’t make sense to me unless....

Just my opinion. 

Cheers

Because ceramic coatings are resistant to scratching, but do NOT help against impacts like rocks.  It’s just like diamonds, which are very hard to scratch, but can be shattered.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:56 AM, XPEL Jeff said:

I know that SunTek's adhesive is a little less aggressive, but we usually recommend .5 cc/mL of J&J or Dawn Ultra.  It shouldn't be super sudsy, or you'll end up fighting it.  What does SunTek recommend?

That’s in a 32 oz. bottle, correct?

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, Midtown Houston said:

The Vapor Cheif is the big dog of steamer...It cost over 1k for this steamer but worth every penny...It is endless refill and take city water. 

I've never had to use a steamer... but don't you guys down in Houston just have to open your bay door to get all the steam you want? LOL, the heat and humidity down there is brutal.