Need a affordable plotter!

hmm thanks guys, can someone probably give me a list of all the most popular plotters and software from best to worst quality and cheapest to most expensive? Are most softwares the exact same? are there subscriptions or is it a one time fee?

For 65.00 an hour, I will research and tell you everything you need and cover your concerns and make sure you decide on what is right for your business.

buy a graphtec or a Rolland (or as they mentioned Q series, same as a Graphtec). 

Not trying to be a dick, but do you honestly think I or any of the community is going to tabulate a list. Hit google and figure it out. Even us old school don’t really know everything...lol

Cheers

Since there are a few people looking at this post, I would like to ask what blade type and angle works best for tint?

I mean, I use my plotter almost entirely for Ppf. I would like to expand into tint in a productive way. I tried cutting a brow with a narrow piece of film and noticed 2 things. 1 was that I was laying down a stripe in the tint from the rollers. Mine are little micro needle points and that does not matter for Ppf, but concerned will show on the install. I tried decreasing the pressure and no more stripes. 2. The next problem was the narrow piece(8" wide and 5ft long) would now missfeed. Maybe not a problem with a wider piece of material.

1 hour ago, chriswelckle said:

Since there are a few people looking at this post, I would like to ask what blade type and angle works best for tint?

I mean, I use my plotter almost entirely for Ppf. I would like to expand into tint in a productive way. I tried cutting a brow with a narrow piece of film and noticed 2 things. 1 was that I was laying down a stripe in the tint from the rollers. Mine are little micro needle points and that does not matter for Ppf, but concerned will show on the install. I tried decreasing the pressure and no more stripes. 2. The next problem was the narrow piece(8" wide and 5ft long) would now missfeed. Maybe not a problem with a wider piece of material.

So the stripe doesn't typically matter as the plotter will cut inside of that. 8 inch is a little narrow and will cause tracking problems.i use 12 inch for strips. I know it's typically more waste than I'd like but it's a 12 inch not that much money tied up in it. Lastly I use a 25 degree blade.

Edited by jh812

So the stripe doesn't typically matter as the plotter will cut inside of that. 8 inch is a little narrow and will cause tracking problems.i use 12 inch for strips. I know it's topically more waste than I'd like but it's a 12 inch not that much money tied up in it. Lastly I use a 25 degree blade.
That's what I was looking for! Thank you.

So the stripe doesn't typically matter as the plotter will cut inside of that. 8 inch is a little narrow and will cause tracking problems.i use 12 inch for strips. I know it's typically more waste than I'd like but it's a 12 inch not that much money tied up in it. Lastly I use a 25 degree blade.
So what about a wider pattern set? I use a 60" plotter. Do I use just 2 pinch rollers? Not the 3 that are provided?

1 hour ago, chriswelckle said:
On 3/8/2018 at 2:53 PM, jh812 said:

So what about a wider pattern set? I use a 60" plotter. Do I use just 2 pinch rollers? Not the 3 that are provided?

You should only be using two rollers with tint. On the Jaguar it's the two inner ones.