Classic Charcoal for windshields?

Guys, I was looking for a cheap windshield film to start using for some of my dealership accounts and was looking into using the 50% Classic Black line, but it was mentioned that there was an occasional complaint regarding clarity/distortion when using not only Classic Black, but ANY window film that is 2ply 1.5mm thick. It was suggested that I instead use the Classic Charcoal 1ply 1mm thick film and that would work much better. In all my years I have never encountered such a recommendation. 

Do any of you have any experience with this film and had the above issue with Classic Black? I searched the forums and only found maybe one mention of it as a "fluke" and they had sent the roll back. 

Also, is the Classic Charcoal color stable? I was thinking it wasn't . 

Thanks flor your responses. 

On 3/22/2018 at 5:13 PM, jh812 said:

:yep longest known for me right now was a car at 5 years. Unfortunately she just traded it in but still looked fine.

Jh, I think it was you I read had mentioned a clarity issue and you sent the roll back. Was that HP charcoal then? 

25 minutes ago, Sunbreakers said:

Jh, I think it was you I read had mentioned a clarity issue and you sent the roll back. Was that HP charcoal then? 

I'm not sure if I've ever sent back any HP for it. I was young and dumb then :lol. I have sent one roll of 50 ceramic that was a bad roll and the lda 70 before. I've used a good amount of the ceramic 50 on shields so I'm confident in saying it was a fluke.