Hand cutting tips!

Just starting out Tinting... well, just getting back into it actually. I tinted 15 years ago for a year, but that shop had a plotter so I never learned the old fashion way. Have a full time job and am working at a shop on my days off, along with practicing in my garage every night. I can not get hand cutting down to save my life! I am constantly catching the rubber along the bottom cut, and struggle to stay straight on the side cuts. I am putting just 1 click of blade out on my red dot... but just can’t get it. The only cut I’m not struggling with is the top cut.  New to the forum, and looked for this topic, and couldn’t find any. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! 

Quit trying to cut the bottom and sides on the car. Take your bottom edge and line it up with the factory straight edge. You can either sit it right on top of the bottom seal or just below. Then use a sharpie to go down each side, roll down window finish marking then cut your top edge. 

55 minutes ago, Justint81 said:

I’ll give it that a go... but I’m not 100% ready to give up on hand cutting! Lol 

Yeah definitely not saying that. Don't buy a plotter you'll turn into a big baby like myself and won't wanna hand cut squat anymore :spit

6 hours ago, Pnut0321 said:

How much time do you think your saving jh812 asking for my self 

Really IDK at this point. Maybe 15 to 20 minutes at this point, however at the end of the day my hands aren't as cut up and overall I'm less tired. Doing 5 or 6 a day takes a toll on your body I don't care what anyone says. Do I have days where I cuss it and say I shouldn't have ever bought it? Absolutely. Then I get a full size truck in and I don't have to jump in the bed of it :lol people will argue speed :blah but you can't beat not having to climb in the back of those. It helps me cause like I said I don't cut on cars ever and that's a great selling point to customers. So if you ever get to the point you're on the fence and have the cash to do it go for it. It'll take some getting used to and like I said you'll have had days, but but cooperations don't throw a copier away because of a paper jam, they fix it and move on. :twocents