Tint Tek blade with vinyl express Q-42

redgar826

Well everyone I got my vinyl express Q42 and my Tint Tek set up last night and put it to use today. So far I love it and it’s cutting awesome! I can easily weed the tint, it’s not cutting through the line side so that’s good, nice clean cuts. I did install the Tint Tek blade into the blue top holder and I’m unsure what “tool” option I need to use. Right now I have it on “other”, force is 14, speed is 15. Anyone have any idea if hats right or not?  It sure if it matters at this point but like I said it’s cutting awesome.

thank you!

If I understand correctly, you should have it set on the CB09 option. We are talking about plotter settings that show up on the screen with force, speed, and condition? If so, that is what you want. 

Welcome to the world of plotters...they are great machines for what we do. 

11 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

If I understand correctly, you should have it set on the CB09 option. We are talking about plotter settings that show up on the screen with force, speed, and condition? If so, that is what you want. 

Welcome to the world of plotters...they are great machines for what we do. 

Correct, the option on the plotter screen with force, speed, ect. I’ll change it here after bit and see what happens! Thank you!!

It shouldn’t affect cutting at all but make sure it doesn’t change your speed settings. They are set at around 20 if memory serves? Did Cindy at Tinttek help you set it up? 

Edited by Sunbreakers

When I first set it up the setting it was at from factory was 30. I now cut with it at 15. I think I did talk to Cindy when I was ordering it and was asking questions but during set up I just walked myself through the manual and what not.

Alright, went and changed back to the CB09 setting and the cuts are still as good as ever but I have piece of mind knowing it’s pncthe right setting now. Did a banner on a ‘14 wrangler and that baby was dead on!! Very very pleased so far! Now I’ve been getting hammered about doing semi trucks. I do have a Kennworth file and a peterbilt. I’m thinking I’ll have to hand cut the Pete’s due to the cab being different but I’ll have to check into it more to see if the same glass is used. Can’t fit a semi in my shop right now unfortunately so if I do need to hand cut, it’ll have to be a nice day!