PPF "hides" stone chips, scratches?

Hello guys

I have a question.
Does the PPF hides damage like stone chips and light scratches?
If I install the PPF on a car with light (micro) stone chips, after installation, will I continue to see them or will they be covered slightly?

Same for the light scratches.

Thank you all !

Those are two separate issues. As far as stone chips, it will not hide them. If anything they will typically be more pronounced because it's a slight divot into the paint. Good news though is that it can prevent further damage and also prevent rusting on the panels that are metal. As far as light micro scratches, yes it will hide them. The deeper the scratch, the harder it is to hide it. Micro scratches from car washes or swirl marks from those that don't know how to take care of their car will disappear because the adhesive basically fills in those light gaps and will create a consistent look across the panel with whatever texture the film/paint is. 

On 4/4/2018 at 2:41 PM, PPFdistributing said:

Those are two separate issues. As far as stone chips, it will not hide them. If anything they will typically be more pronounced because it's a slight divot into the paint. Good news though is that it can prevent further damage and also prevent rusting on the panels that are metal. As far as light micro scratches, yes it will hide them. The deeper the scratch, the harder it is to hide it. Micro scratches from car washes or swirl marks from those that don't know how to take care of their car will disappear because the adhesive basically fills in those light gaps and will create a consistent look across the panel with whatever texture the film/paint is. 

Thanks for the answer and the support. 

I have another question, it's a problem if I'm going to drive my car under the rain, one or two days after the installation?

Couse I read online that you have to wait one week after installation, before washing the car.
Could I have some problem of using the car when it rains the day after the installation?

Thanks

On 4/10/2018 at 1:58 PM, Matteo said:

Thanks for the answer and the support. 

I have another question, it's a problem if I'm going to drive my car under the rain, one or two days after the installation?

Couse I read online that you have to wait one week after installation, before washing the car.
Could I have some problem of using the car when it rains the day after the installation?

Thanks

I advise my clients to stay away from pressure washers and automatic car wash for 3 days. Even then pressure washers WILL damage the PPF if you dont keep a reasonable (3 feet or 1 metre) distance

Rain is not a problem

Washing with a garden hose and wash mitt are fine the day after install.

I don't know why anyone, that cares enough about their car to film it, would run though an automated car wash....ever.    I guess its better than having someone use a sidewalk cleaning machine like a pressure washer on it.  It doesn't matter how old the install either with those things,  the last picture is an 04 Boxster and the damage happened Thursday.  

20170106_135247.jpg

20160302_110925.jpg

IMG_10991.jpg