Last one to post #840

On 4/6/2018 at 10:15 PM, Tintmaster08 said:

I’m not a fan of them personally, I’ve done remote starters on some that should have been thrown away. My mom purchased one used from an individual and it was nothing like they advertised and was more of a headache than anything. Not saying the one she just purchased is like my moms or any of the the ones I’ve worked on, but there are some issues with them that I’ve noticed across the board and the main one being the electronics. They are sensitive to any and everything when it comes to that, especially the ignition. It’s one of those that having a lot of keys on the ring while the key is in the ignition is not a good idea as the weight on the cylinder will eventually cause a problem.

I’ve had 2 of them in my extended family, both have needed ignition cylinder replaced. A 2011 and a 2015. Luckily for me, they are both older and never ask me to install electronics. I have done several jobs on those for work and they are a pain. Never even thought about the key thing till I read your post! Both are female drivers, with rather large decorative key rings. (Would definitely not carry either of those in my pocket)

On 4/6/2018 at 7:24 AM, TNTLady said:

Most definently a crap shoot! I still bag the rear glass and work on scraping the sides while the Jiffy steamer heats up. Some jobs the steamer makes is come off like melting butter and then other times that old tint wont budge and it becomes a forearm workout for the day. Its like a box of chocolates,  you never know what your gonna get. CHARGE ACCORDINGLY TO THE AMOUNT OF TIME AND DIFFICULTY. I tell folks it can be 25 to 150 for removal. 

Thanks, I really don’t have time for removal anymore. Hopefully soon, I can hire some help and it won’t be such a big deal. I generally tell the customer that removal usually runs $200 on a full vehicle. (It can vary depending on how much time it takes). But truthfully, I could charge more and it still wouldn’t be worth it. When you are working alone, You could get out 2-4 other full jobs in the same amount of time. (Depending on the cars of coarse) thanks for the feedback everyone!

On 4/6/2018 at 11:15 PM, Tintmaster08 said:

having a lot of keys on the ring while the key is in the ignition is not a good idea as the weight on the cylinder will eventually cause a problem.

Stopped over to check it out. This one has the push button start... which I personally am not a fan of. I like keys.. :dunno

Anyway... it seems nice. She's thrilled. It's a base model, so not all the bells and whistles. The only thing I saw that was missing were heated seats, which I don't even know if that's an option, but I know it's something she would have liked. I mentioned it to her - which she agreed she wish it had.

Other then that, its pretty decent. Didn't drive it anywhere - just sat in it. But I imagine it drives nice being brand new. It's a 2 yr lease, which I'm going to split with my sister.. so like $80 a month for 2 yrs for each of us.  Not bad IMO. Not sure what the plan is for after it's up. Not my concern. My sister & brother-in-law basically got it for her... being retired, her funds are limited. But she's (along with my dad) have helped me over the years, the least I can do is help my sister with the payments. :thumb2

Hopefully it's issue free for the 2 years at least. I'd guess after they will turn it in and get another. She's never gonna drive it past the millage... And my sister & brother-in-law lease their car and just get anew one every couple of years, so I don't see why they wouldn't do that with my mom. Seems the smart way to go for how they all drive. I could never do that being that I drove a ton for work....