FormulaOne Pinnacle Or Solar Fxtreme 2

Hello everyone, Hope you had a great weekend!

I have narrowed my choices to these two Ceramic tints. FormulaOne Pinnacle Or Solar Fxtreme 2 I need your expert input to help me chose one. I have three cars that need Ceramic tints. I am leaning towards the FormulaOne but just wanted to if $260 more is worth for 3 cars. Also, I am looking to get 20% on one of the cars which are under illegal and solar will not cover it. Is there anything like haze or blue or green hue that I should know about? FormulaOne is widely known to consumer compare to Solar so I just wanted to be sure that I am not losing out on any information.    

Pinnacle $399 =$1050 (discounted)

• Offers with the transferable lifetime warranty no matter the percentage. 
  • Dealer of the Year 2017
  • Outstanding reputation 

Fxtreme 2 $265 * 3 = $795 (discounted)

• Offers limited lifetime warranty because it will only cover 35% and over because anything under is illegal in Illinois. 
  • Small shop with a good reputation 
Edited by TintDude
Links

I pick the small shop with a good reputation over big business. That's just my opinion because I'm a small operation as well. Also I install the solar fx and have so for going on three years now. All ceramics have some Haze to it but  I've had zero complaints with that film thus far. I would double check on that first shop warranty though, they may be backing it their self but I think just about all manufactures will not warranty illegal window tint. I would just ask the second shop if you have any discrepancies after the fact if they'll work with you on it. If they say absolutely not then go somewhere else and make sure to tell them that's the reason why :lol

Edited by jh812

I will let people chime in that has used both...we haven't used FXtreme2.  Just wanted to add that the F1 shop itself may warranty the window film if it is an illegal install, but the F1 does not.  So say if you end up at another F1 shop in another state, they may not replace it.  This is from F1...

Your warranty rights may be affected by state laws concerning warranties by manufacturers. Solutia Inc. products are to be used in compliance with all applicable laws in which the vehicle is registered. Tint installed illegally is not covered by warranty for any reason. It is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner to ensure the film is in compliance with all state or provincial laws should vehicle registration location change at any time.

4 minutes ago, jh812 said:

I pick the small shop with a good reputation over big business. That's just my opinion because I'm a small operation as well. Also I install three solar fx and have so for going on three years now. All ceramics have some Haze to it but I'd but I've had zero complaints with that film this far. I would double check on that first shop warranty though, they may be backing it their self but I think just about all manufactures will not warranty illegal window tint. I would just ask the second shop if you have any discrepancies after the fact if they'll work with you on it. If they say absolutely not then go somewhere else and make sure to tell them that's the reason why :lol

Frist of all thank you for your insight. To be honest I probably will not notice the haze so that's fine. I just wanted to make sure their quality is great. The first shop also offers carwash with it. Yes, the first shop is backing it themselves I will follow up with the 2nd shop and see if they match it.  

3 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

I will let people chime in that has used both...we haven't used FXtreme2.  Just wanted to add that the F1 shop itself may warranty the window film if it is an illegal install, but the F1 does not.  So say if you end up at another F1 shop in another state, they may not replace it.  This is from F1...

Your warranty rights may be affected by state laws concerning warranties by manufacturers. Solutia Inc. products are to be used in compliance with all applicable laws in which the vehicle is registered. Tint installed illegally is not covered by warranty for any reason. It is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner to ensure the film is in compliance with all state or provincial laws should vehicle registration location change at any time.

Appreciate your insight. I checked with the shop and they are backing it themselves.

Question for both; I was thinking of 20% on 15 Genesis which has an Ivory interior and black exterior. From your personal experience which one would look better between 20% and 35%? 

Personally the 20% because the interior is so light...it makes the tint look lighter.  However, if you want 100% no issues with the police (assuming 35% is legal in your state based on your post above) then you want to stick to that.  It will just look more like a 40% due to the interior.  Below is our charts to give you an idea.

41347579221_337118a5de_b.jpg

26475878727_c84bd6c252_b.jpg