First time doing Paint Protection Film.

9 minutes ago, Polishworks said:

, but ultimately it resulted in me looking for other options in film, finding different install methods and solutions and moving forward ..

i hear you... they remove me from their dealer locator and i remove their material from my shop!  after 3 years of loyal customer and exclusively selling and inslall their film

Maybe this will help, maybe not.

my slip is the same as most. I put it all in the center of my work, when I get to any edge area, I spray my 10%_90% alcohol spray around all edges and push the soap solution fast and quick towards the outer edges.

10% being alcohol and 90% being water

Edited by drtint
Clarification

Thank you everyone for the help to get the fingers did go down. I also ran into 2 other problems. One of them is dust in the film. Do you guy have any tips on that. When i was getting trained they said to wash the panel 2 to 4 times, then alcohol wipe, then squeegee the area. Also keep the floor wet so dust doesn't fly around. But i still get dust in my film. Second problem is the ppf shows peeling on the edges. All the yellow in the photo is the area that's peeling off. Is there any tip on how to make sure it doesn't peel in the future.

IMG-20180410-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20180410-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20180409-WA0001.jpg

on the side mirrors it looks like you brought the film over the edge just enough to peel, you either want to fully wrap the edge with enough film to get a good " bite" over the edge or not at all and bring the film to the edge but not slightly over it.