How long do you have to cut bottom Edge to pass both seals when bottom loading?

i usually check to see how far the glass goes below the second seal and then cut accordingly. just make sure you don't cut it to big and the tint goes below the glass.

Some cars (cant think of any off hand) have glass that barley goes below the seals, so just make sure you check each one individually.

Always do passenger side 1st, and then adjust driver side accordingly  

I'm curious about when i watch the videos of top loaders i see a lot of them line up the bottom of the film right at the top of the rubber, does that ever leave a gap after install or is it visible? seems like it's just barely below the top of the rubber, is that how all top loaders do it? 

image.png.ee394f5abe28223b45c43c6dfc1b5cbd.png

1 hour ago, 6aeten said:

i usually check to see how far the glass goes below the second seal and then cut accordingly. just make sure you don't cut it to big and the tint goes below the glass.

Some cars (cant think of any off hand) have glass that barley goes below the seals, so just make sure you check each one individually.

Always do passenger side 1st, and then adjust driver side accordingly  

Ok if its too long it wont peel rite just hang there???

3 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

I'm curious about when i watch the videos of top loaders i see a lot of them line up the bottom of the film right at the top of the rubber, does that ever leave a gap after install or is it visible? seems like it's just barely below the top of the rubber, is that how all top loaders do it? 

image.png.ee394f5abe28223b45c43c6dfc1b5cbd.png

When i top load i sharpie marker the bottom and leave it a little longer not even!

3 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

When i top load i sharpie marker the bottom and leave it a little longer not even!

I like to watch tint videos lol. It seems a lot of top loaders cut it right at the spot in the pic, i get that inside the glass the film drops down a little, just curious why some are good with cutting right at the line and some drop down a bit more. What are the pluses and minuses to each method?

Edited by Tint Slayer

The plus cutting rite on is you won't have extra film in the way when you put your gap 1/8 inch gap on top it adds a little to the bottom..when you  sharpie  and leave it a little longer its just insurance you wont have a lite gap on bottom does not have to be too long on bottom just like a 1/8 inch...too long is hard to tuck!!!

Edited by quality tintz

I'm a top loader and rarely take anything apart. I generally leave about a quarter inch at the bottom and when I hang it line up the top edge then shave with a exacto knife. Sometimes I will line up the bottom and then when I cut my top I angle my red dot so I cut about a half inch over....hang, shave and move on. Always shave wet right after hanging. ..takes some practice. 

Cheers 

10 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

I'm a top loader and rarely take anything apart. I generally leave about a quarter inch at the bottom and when I hang it line up the top edge then shave with a exacto knife. Sometimes I will line up the bottom and then when I cut my top I angle my red dot so I cut about a half inch over....hang, shave and move on. Always shave wet right after hanging. ..takes some practice. 

Cheers 

Is there a trick to shaving/filing each end where the film is in the vertical gaskets? Sometimes it's a bit of work, i try make the last 1/8" of each end be a hair lower so i don't have to shave all the way to the end.