Lack of oxygen in the car after window tinting

I would not have removed the film or refunded it. You did as requested installing the second layer. If she wanted it removed she should  pay for removal. Do not work for free.

If she or her children have "mental issues " re the not being able to breathe she should take them to a doctor.

If doctor says its "claustrophobia" .. She gets to pay for removal.

How Did you take glue off the layers u pulled off did you just pull your tint off or the 50 percent  too???

I was able to pull back the layer I installed with a steamer making sure not to lift he first piece of film. There was only a couple spots with glue residue which I cleaned up with some rubbing alcohol.

I would not have removed the film or refunded it. You did as requested installing the second layer. If she wanted it removed she should  pay for removal. Do not work for free.

If she or her children have "mental issues " re the not being able to breathe she should take them to a doctor.

If doctor says its "claustrophobia" .. She gets to pay for removal.

I know I prob shouldn’t have reimbursed her but she was one of those ladies who would keep nagging you until she was satisfied. And plus the fact her other installer put in her head that I was to blame made her adamant that it was the tint causing the lack of air.
Still learning a lot to this trade esp. the customer service part. I still have to bite my tongue at times dealing with assholes.

1 hour ago, Blackdout said:

I know I prob shouldn’t have reimbursed her but she was one of those ladies who would keep nagging you until she was satisfied. And plus the fact her other installer put in her head that I was to blame made her adamant that it was the tint causing the lack of air.
Still learning a lot to this trade esp. the customer service part. I still have to bite my tongue at times dealing with assholes.

Been doing this stuff for almost 25 years now and am still doing those exact things.  

I gotta say, you hold the current "stupid excuse" award.  This is the best one I've heard in a long time. :crazy   What the hell, are they part plant?? 

Edited by Bham

I had a complaint that their ceramic film wasnt as good as her friends. I asked if they park outside at the same spot. She says "why would i do that? My friend parks her car in the garage and i park mine outside" wanted a refund because her ceramic film wasnt keeping the car as cool as the one inside the garage... I told her to have both cars stay outside for an hour and then she can check if the film is not working. I didnt get a call back.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:13 PM, Blackdout said:

So I had a customer come in with a lex ct200. Her car was already tinted with what looked like a 50%. She wanted to make the tints darker but she didnt want to pay extra for removing the old tint so I explained to her that I could put a darker tint on top of her current tint to hell her save money but that there could be issues down the line since it was 2 layers of tint. She decided to go with the 2 layer option. A week later she’s call me complaining her kids are having breathing issues and blames it on the second layer of tint. All I could do was laugh in my head and told her to bring her kids to the doctor cause I never heard of tint restricting air into the car. After another week she calls me telling me that she brought her car to the original guy that tinted her vehicle the first time and he had told her that I shouldn’t never put a second layer of film on in the first place and that the second layer could be the cause of the issue that her kids were experiencing. So after the bs, I ended up ripping off the tint I had put on reimbursed her money minus material costs and told her to invest the money into seeing a doctor cause there wasn’t something right about her kids.

In any case has anyone ever heard of experienced I’m not an asshole by nature but I can’t help but laugh every time I here her say her kids can’t breathe because of window tint. Guess people don’t have common sense to roll down a window or turn on the ac.

Just when you think you have heard it all.  Good lawd 

I would have taken a light meter ...turn it on and tell her its an oxygen meter.....get in the back seat with the doors closed  take a minute and come out and tell her the oxygen levels are within industry standards then check the front seats , doors closed and tell her the drivers side is in fact a bit lower than the passenger side for some reason....but all oxygen levels are satisfactory ...then tell her there is a $100 fee for the oxygen service but you will wave it because she is such a good customer.

6 hours ago, florida tinter said:

I would have taken a light meter ...turn it on and tell her its an oxygen meter.....get in the back seat with the doors closed  take a minute and come out and tell her the oxygen levels are within industry standards then check the front seats , doors closed and tell her the drivers side is in fact a bit lower than the passenger side for some reason....but all oxygen levels are satisfactory ...then tell her there is a $100 fee for the oxygen service but you will wave it because she is such a good customer.

G00d ideA!