Bulking this 2018 F450 Hood (full wrap) tomorrow and was thinking I would ask how some of you would approach it — I was going to pop the hood and tack down on fenders .. just nervous about those center valleys laying down.. should I utilize steam to get them down? Thanks !!

e5a99ac1014d84d9147ead0d0ca7249f.jpg

729ca98d79afd7b52d605a8a80e22b89.jpg

Sorry I'm just now seeing your post.  

How did it turn out?

I would have told you to tack it down on the fenders yes, starting at each side by the windshield, give it a little tug to flatten it out across the top, then go to the front and do the same but you'll have to give it a lot more stretch to get the front edge to sit flat.  Use surface prep (adhesive promoter) on the entire edge of the valley and front edge.  Use lot of soapy water and tack down that valley edge, then gently push the water out down to the nose.  Squeage those valley's well cause they are a bubble haven if you don't.  If you do get some bubbles in those valley's be very careful when you pop and suck them out as you don't want to blow up that whole valley again with air.  Give it some time to settle and stick down before you pop them and make sure you'll holding down the area when  you stick the needle in.  

Make sure you pull the front center area down well as you will have to pull it side to side quite a bit and if it's not pulled down well enough when you trim out those letters you'll get some nasty creases.  And don't try to trim out the letters individually, do the whole word.

Josh

Sorry I'm just now seeing your post.  

How did it turn out?

I would have told you to tack it down on the fenders yes, starting at each side by the windshield, give it a little tug to flatten it out across the top, then go to the front and do the same but you'll have to give it a lot more stretch to get the front edge to sit flat.  Use surface prep (adhesive promoter) on the entire edge of the valley and front edge.  Use lot of soapy water and tack down that valley edge, then gently push the water out down to the nose.  Squeage those valley's well cause they are a bubble haven if you don't.  If you do get some bubbles in those valley's be very careful when you pop and suck them out as you don't want to blow up that whole valley again with air.  Give it some time to settle and stick down before you pop them and make sure you'll holding down the area when  you stick the needle in.  

Make sure you pull the front center area down well as you will have to pull it side to side quite a bit and if it's not pulled down well enough when you trim out those letters you'll get some nasty creases.  And don't try to trim out the letters individually, do the whole word.

Josh

IMG_0960.JPG
IMG_0961.JPG

I got it down pretty good first try actually..to my surprise the valleys in the center laid down nice and easy ... I did trim each letter individually tho. It was easier than I thought! Still a bitch though. :)