Suntek Ceramic vs Llumar ATR/CTX, which to choose?

Suntek vs Llumar ATR/CTX.   I had Llumar ATR in the past which was great.  Dealer has Llumar ATR for $160 or Llumar CTX for $240.  I know Llumar gives a lifetime warranty, not sure about Suntek.

Other dealers have Suntek Ceramic for $150-200.    Ive heard how Llumar CTX has less radio interference, but that no one who had ATR had any problems with that, so might as well go for the ATR to save $80.

For Suntek Ceramic, does that come in various quality levels?  Which would be better?  Which would be longer lasting - Suntek or Llumar, since the prices are about the same.  I plan to keep the car for 15-20 years, so want a long lasting tint with a lifetime warranty.

Go with llumar..... dodge suktek/scratchtek.... Eastman owns both only bought suktek for their paint protection film. Atr/ctx are both great films  and will fail eventually. Only as good as the warranty. There is no perfect film. Ctx will outperform atr as far as ir and tser. 

Thanks for the advice.  One other factor that I discovered after my original post on this, is that here in Puerto Rico, the Llumar dealers dont have/get the lifetime warranty protection since they are not direct dealers.   Since they buy the film from a Miami distributor, the Miami distributor says they dont get warranty protection.   The dealers arent listed on Llumars website either.

Ive had Llumar in the states, where the tint began bubbling after about 11 years and Llumar was EXCELLENT in covering the warranty, reimbursing me in full to replace the tint at a different Llumar dealer.  The original installer had gone out of business, but Llumar covered the replacement.

So I could go with an inferior product of Suntek with a lifetime warranty or a better product of Llumar without the lifetime warranty.   Even if Suntek is worse, since I might need the warranty in 5-10 years if the product begins to fail, shouldn't I go with Suntek?

There is no film that you will get that will last anywhere near that long.  As far as a Lifetime Warranty, that is really a North American thing...most places outside of USA and Canada does not offer a Lifetime Warranty.  Personally I would still go with Llumar since I would prefer a better quality products.  IMO if you are keeping a vehicle that long, you should be able to afford to have the tint replaced out of pocket.  Especially at the prices you listed above.

I will offer both Suntek and Llumar in automotive with little cost difference between the 2 choices . I just charge the difference of cost on my end and all customers go for it when I tell them how long I’ve been offering Llumar for ( decades) . My other installer use to use Suntek and can’t believe the difference of how much more Suntek used to scratch compared to Llumar.

It’s a better choice in the long run between the 2 (in my opinion )just knowing the history and what I’ve personally seen and experienced between the 2 brands as a professional full time installer

And really, keep things in perspective.

If you pay $250 to have your car tinted, and it lasts 5 years... that's only $4.17 per month you paid. Then let's say you need to strip and retint it... so $350 for the next 5 years. That's $5.85 a month.

Many people pay that much, per month, for their cable tv/internet and cell phone bills... each and every month.

For the comfort, security, and aesthetics window film provides, it really is a good deal. :twocents

25 minutes ago, Roach said:

And really, keep things in perspective.

If you pay $250 to have your car tinted, and it lasts 5 years... that's only $4.17 per month you paid. Then let's say you need to strip and retint it... so $350 for the next 5 years. That's $5.85 a month.

Many people pay that much, per month, for their cable tv/internet and cell phone bills... each and every month.

For the comfort, security, and aesthetics window film provides, it really is a good deal. :twocents

Where the hell you getting internet for that price :lol

Nevermind 250 I gotcha :embar

Edited by jh812