Water bubbles In PPF

I used the new orange fusion squeegee for the first time on a full vehicle install and got hella bubbles on my first panel. Went back to my green and no bubbles. Now I’ve just gotta figure out how to get these fu*^ers out 😕😩. I mean I went over the panel 3 times, pushed hard. Came back later and there were like 5 small bubbles. It’s a full pickup job. Only issue with the greens is I went through a batch that would scratch the film brand new. That’s why I tried the fusion orange with handle. Idk not saying they’re bad, but it left me in a bad situation. 

Edited by tintme69
Left out a word

On 1/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, tintme69 said:

I used the new orange fusion squeegee for the first time on a full vehicle install and got hella bubbles on my first panel. Went back to my green and no bubbles. Now I’ve just gotta figure out how to get these fu*^ers out 😕😩. I mean I went over the panel 3 times, pushed hard. Came back later and there were like 5 small bubbles. It’s a full pickup job. Only issue with the greens is I went through a batch that would scratch the film brand new. That’s why I tried the fusion orange with handle. Idk not saying they’re bad, but it left me in a bad situation. 

Either of those squeegees should work, so it really is going to come down to technique.  Squeegee pressure is one facet, but there's also squeegee angle, overlapping strokes, working in sections, viewing from different angles, addressing bodylines, etc.

Wow, wish I read this before.  I have dirt or bubbles under all the areas with PPF.  I feel like I was taken for $1500.  I've had so many issues with appearance on my new car, I probably will only buy used from now on.  No need for PPF on a slightly car.  I'd never chance spending that much money again as there is no way to know if the shop will do a good job.  This shop had 80 5star reviews and nothing else on google.  It's a wealthy neighborhood, so I thought I'd get good work.  I guess Doctors and athletes are not as concerned about their cars looking great.   

On 4/17/2018 at 1:20 PM, Jake said:

How so? Every PPF installer I have ever known will use a hypodermic needle to pull out a small air pocket if needed myself included. I have never once seen an issue.

That's funny. You must come across a lot of experienced installers