Tesla Model X door panel remova

These need to come off.  Nothing pisses me off more than a door that fingers!Did a model s fingers with CXP. Did a model X and got fingers with global qdp. Refuse to do these with panels on.  Rather take it off in 30 seconds than swiping fingers over and over for 10 minutes a door. 

2 hours ago, pbalentine said:

I always squeegee side to side to prevent them. Much easier to just take it off. Anyways i found the removal. 

1 - 10mm at handle pull

4 - 10mm under long trim piece

Just for future reference the best way I've found for finger free is to shrink the film, once it's flat lift it kinda rolling up on itself. Let that fall naturally and then shrink again. I do that on the Honda Accord that had the pia rear door.

1 hour ago, jh812 said:

Just for future reference the best way I've found for finger free is to shrink the film, once it's flat lift it kinda rolling up on itself. Let that fall naturally and then shrink again. I do that on the Honda Accord that had the pia rear door.

:yeah

1 hour ago, pbalentine said:

Never tried shrinkng that way. I’ll give it a try sometime.  Frameless windows get fingers a lot for me, even without much shrinking needed like on the newer camaro. 

The seals pull on those as well but you'll be amazed the difference on that shrinking.

On 4/17/2018 at 12:46 PM, jh812 said:

☝️ This technique is called double shrinking. 

I do double shrink, even vettes.  Panel off and it wouldnt of fingered.  Its just something with framless rollups.  Even back when i tucked everything, still would get fingers sometimes on frameless. Still, less time to remove panel, plus its the only way to avoid felt contamination.