Scratches scuffs on outside of window. Was it caused by tinter?

4 days ago I purchased a certified pre-owned 2015 VW Golf from a dealer. I did a pretty thorough inspection prior to buying and did not see these scuffs on the right side passenger door. Today I got my windows tinted and saw these scuff marks here. They are extremely noticeable and on the outside of the windshield. The tint was standard 3M tint legal for Florida. These do not come off with a clean razorblade at all.

IMG_20180417_120652_zpshbq7ru4p.jpg

IMG_20180417_120627_zpsmyb7cbvp.jpg

MVIMG_20180417_120644_zps2gsnqas9.jpg

I asked the tint shop if they caused these scuffs and they said they don't do anything on the outside of the window on that side of the vehicle, and that they laser cut the tint based on something on their computer. They said they noticed the scuffs and "meant to call me and alert me to the scuffs prior to tinting".  They didn't, and I'm not sure if they are being truthful or not. The place has pretty good reviews but I can't be sure. 

I would like to know if these scuff marks are something that could be caused during the process of applying the tint, if they are repairable/able to be buffed out, or if I should/am able to seek out compensation from the tint shop or the VW dealer I purchased the Golf from. Anyone have any advice?

From the pics, those look like scars from something metal rubbing against the window. :dunno   Not positive, but pretty sure the tint shop did not do that.  Pretty sure that was there before you had your windows tinted.  You might not have been able to see them as easily before the windows were tinted.  Scars and external scratches like these tend to show up MORE after you have your windows tinted.  

If you can feel the damage with the backside or the tip of your fingernail, then it is IN the glass.  If you have it polished out, you will see a wavy(blurry) area in the glass where it has to be polished.  

Hope this helps a little. :thumb  

Yes, it had to be already there prior to tinting.  As Bham said, things like that can be missed when the glass is clear, but is magnified when it has a black background.  I don't see any possible way the tint shop could of caused that not to mention trying to sneak it under the radar giving you back the vehicle.

Yep.  Just yesterday I did a brand new Tahoe that had two little scars on the passenger front, center of the window, just above the outside sweep.  

Took me a minute to figure out it was an external scar.  It looked JUST LIKE two little bubbles that needed to be pushed out.  

Was killing me why they wouldn't move or heat out for a sec.   :lol