Solarfx and global

I recently got a sample roll of solarfx carbon to try out. The rep I got the sample from called me a week later to ask what I thought to which I told him I liked it. He asked what films I'm currently using and one of them is global qdp. He then told me since I got the global film from someone other than dragon distributing that he could not sell me solarfx film because they do not compete with other companies that sell global. Does this seem right? I understand if he couldn't sell me global film but why not solarfx? So I said basically I just cannot use solarfx film and he said yes that's correct. 

I was told the same thing about a year ago. Possibly made by Garware also so they have agreements between each other. Just speculation here. Either way you get a great film which ever you use.

I appreciate the feedback, I'll respect that even though I was looking forward to using their products. I'll keep looking for something else. I don't tint full time, I've been doing it on the side for years so I believe that limits me to using some brands if I'm not mistaken. Anyone have any recommendations who I can use other than global or Express without being a full time business yet?

9 minutes ago, TLtint said:

I appreciate the feedback, I'll respect that even though I was looking forward to using their products. I'll keep looking for something else. I don't tint full time, I've been doing it on the side for years so I believe that limits me to using some brands if I'm not mistaken. Anyone have any recommendations who I can use other than global or Express without being a full time business yet?

I would stick with them in that case. Great film and a great company. I've used their film for many years now with very little issues.