Meth Bust Due To Illegal tint

Utah Highway Patrol is brutal when it comes to enforcing tint laws! They literally get off on writing tint tickets. We just did away with annual safety inspections so now troopers are even more strict. Bringing lots of biz my way however.

My dad always told me “Never break more than one law at once.” Usually this will keep you out of trouble.

If you’re gonna traffic meth, don’t break tint laws. If you’re gonna break tint laws, don’t traffic meth. Simple as that! Haha

This should be something you make customers watch when they say they want 5% up front and 20% on their windshield.

I did a Fusion for a guy and he flat out told me "I like to tip a few back so I don't want a reason to get pulled over." Works for me pal!

Edited by ErieTint

Had to be Utah. haha  Ya H.P. here loves tint tickets. I would say they also had a tip though. The tint was just a easy reason to get pulled over. Why did they search the car to begin with. Wonder if it even had Utah registration?

Edited by Jake

I tinted many (dealers) cars illegal when I had a shop in the hood......local cops told me to keep on tinting for the dopes!  gives them reason to pull them ...they know who they are...

know many doing time ......they have (had) bags of money but lacked in the brains department.....tried warning them ......

In GA only two shops I know of that only do legal...one is because of the law and the other is God related.  Personally I do not get hung up on what is legal because that has to do with the state you are talking about.  What is illegal to you can be perfectly legal to me and vice versa...that doesn't mean the shade is necessarily unsafe.  I have seen a tinter that installs 30% legally in their state hound another for doing illegal installs because they installed a 50% in a state that requires 70%.  Like really?  This is why we stick to 15 & up on sides/rear and 50 & up on windshields.  IMO if you can't safely see out of those shades with our optically clear window films, then I doubt a slightly higher legal shade would be much different.  We do not do 5% even on legal applications like over privacy glass on SUV/Trucks simply because we feel it is too unsafe.  Plus 5% people tend to only want entry level film, so that is not the customer I want anyway.  In the end, all tinters/shops will choose to go the route they feel is best for them even if others see it as stupid.

Edited by DynamicATL