Meth Bust Due To Illegal tint

oklahoma is not real strict when it comes to dark tinted windows.  but some cops will use it as probable cause to initiate a traffic stop.  i call it fishing because they use tint as a excuse with hopes of finding something bigger.  when customers inquire about window tint, i ask if they want dark or legal.  if they chose dark, i explain legalities and inform them that some cops in this state can stop you for it.  if customers reply they dont care and want dark tint, thats what i give them because if i dont tint it, the next shop down the road will.

5 hours ago, poppawilly67 said:

oklahoma is not real strict when it comes to dark tinted windows.  but some cops will use it as probable cause to initiate a traffic stop.  i call it fishing because they use tint as a excuse with hopes of finding something bigger.  when customers inquire about window tint, i ask if they want dark or legal.  if they chose dark, i explain legalities and inform them that some cops in this state can stop you for it.  if customers reply they dont care and want dark tint, thats what i give them because if i dont tint it, the next shop down the road will.

That’s right

On 4/29/2018 at 1:06 PM, poppawilly67 said:

That's how I am with my customers. In Ohio legal up front is 50% and everyone says something along the lines of "I can barely tell its there." when I show them a sample.

I explain that the law is the law, its their ticket not mine and that I don't include a receipt for tint past legal. Cash and carry on that.

That being said, I run through 35 faster than anything else and do MAYBE 1 install out of 10 legal on the front doors.

When you are young in the game like I am, I don't feel I can really tell them no for the same reason @poppawilly67 said. If not me then the guy down the road, may as well make some money.