Tesla Model 3 Warning

Midtown Houston

Warning....Warning... Tesla have issue a warning to some window film manufacturers. This was issue to 3M.....The computer is located below the A-Pillar and will get damage if liquid touch the pcu.  They have state that it cost them over 10k to replace for some Tesla owner. So be careful guys.... It is a design flaw that they will be changing due to this.

We have alway took the extra precautions when doing windshield and we have done 4 Model 3 and have been lucky....cross my finger.

IMG_7427.jpeg

IMG_7429.jpeg

IMG_7588.jpeg

IMG_7590.jpeg

We haven't done one yet...we had two book but both cancelled assuming because our price is high for this model.  I am considering just not tinting them or at the very least not touch the windshield.  Downside is most want the windshield done, hence why I am thinking just skip it all together.  Just not worth the time or potential headache/financial lose.

I had to redo 2 of the windshield twice to the ac just went off for no reason....hmmm....this shit is pissing me off...this model3 is a pain in the butt for windshield....i will give it one more shot..::it supposed to get easier the more we do.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:00 PM, TINT said:

Done a few already but no windshield, almost wondering if we can take a-pillars out and cover the sensors/ecu? or unless its connected like a defroster line to windshield.

It’s those molex  plugs.  They face upward and collect the water coming down pillars. There was another post about this a while back. My brother tints a ton of Tesla’s, so I warned him. Take the pillars off and stuff microfibers down the holes and then cover everything the way you normally would. He hasn’t had any problems yet.

2 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Off topic, does anyone know what size roll will be needed to do the rear window?

I have 2 this week. I ordered a 60' roll.My buddy has done a hand full and that is what he said it needed.