Tesla Model 3 Warning

Midtown Houston

It take a 60".....We did 2 with 3M Crystalline and will no long do the back glass in 1 piece.  Shit it take us 3-4 hrs just to shape and install and we charge additional $200.  The 2 Model 3 back glass, we either took a lost or broke even do to 2-3 attempted before getting it right.

IMG_7566.jpeg

IMG_7573.jpeg

IMG_7575.jpeg

IMG_7589.jpeg

IMG_7602.JPG

1 hour ago, DynamicATL said:

I think I am just not going to tint them period...too much headache.  I only stock 36"-40" rolls, don't feel like stocking 10 additional 60" rolls for all my popular options primarily for one vehicle not to mention the windshield issue.  Honestly just not worth it to me.

About the only thing I would think would order legal CTX and only offer that. 

Hey guys I have a 2018 model 3 coming in for an appointment in two weeks. This will be my first 3. My film designs cutting software shows that the back glass is only 23.918 inches tall. Is this true?  If it’s like the picture above and I won’t be able to do it because my rolls are max 38”

8 hours ago, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

Hey guys I have a 2018 model 3 coming in for an appointment in two weeks. This will be my first 3. My film designs cutting software shows that the back glass is only 23.918 inches tall. Is this true?  If it’s like the picture above and I won’t be able to do it because my rolls are max 38”

You need a 60” roll to do back glass...you can cut it short to the defroster line and it still look good. 

I have gotten 2 under my belt now. Both done in Xpel XR ceramic. I can't speak for you Crystalline guy because I know that film is another beast, but it really is not bad to do. The rear window is more time consuming because of the size. But they have been priced accordingly so I have felt good about doing  them. I used a 60" and shrank to the sides. Then I back rolled the film from the bottom to the top. Use a bit of extra slip to give you the extra time to squeegee out the water from the back glass. The plastic around the back glass sticks out a bit farther then the frit edge. So when you cutting make sure your not following the plastic and cutting it short.  I have talked with more owners then the ones I have tinted.Seems these owner are going to be a different breed. They act like they are Elon Musk himself. :facepalm:prof