Tesla Model 3 Warning

Midtown Houston

Thanks for the replies. I had to cancel my appointment and the customer was really understanding. I don’t stock 60” rolls. Hearing about this glass makes me really want to do one. Like another notch on my belt. I’ve done old and new Corvette tear drop glass. Vw bug and several old Seabrings all one piece. I definitely wanna try this one day. 🍻 to the guys that can do it with Crystalline. If I ever had to do this I already know the style I would tackle this back glass and that would be sideways Ryk shrink method with a taped down four quarters. 

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:04 AM, Jake said:

I have gotten 2 under my belt now. Both done in Xpel XR ceramic. I can't speak for you Crystalline guy because I know that film is another beast, but it really is not bad to do. The rear window is more time consuming because of the size. But they have been priced accordingly so I have felt good about doing  them. I used a 60" and shrank to the sides. Then I back rolled the film from the bottom to the top. Use a bit of extra slip to give you the extra time to squeegee out the water from the back glass. The plastic around the back glass sticks out a bit farther then the frit edge. So when you cutting make sure your not following the plastic and cutting it short.  I have talked with more owners then the ones I have tinted.Seems these owner are going to be a different breed. They act like they are Elon Musk himself. :facepalm:prof

Off topic, but how do you like that Xpel film? I was just on their site a few minutes ago reading about it. Was thinking of trying it out

15 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

Off topic, but how do you like that Xpel film? I was just on their site a few minutes ago reading about it. Was thinking of trying it out

I have realy like it. Have no real complaints about the film at all. I went from Global to this. I use Xpel Ppf also so it made it nice to order from one place. I love Global, but it is not a brand customers can do much online research on. Xpel may not have a large presence in the tint world yet, but it has a solid trusted name in PPF  so I think that can carry over into tint when customers are looking a it from a brand stand point.

7 hours ago, Jake said:

I have realy like it. Have no real complaints about the film at all. I went from Global to this. I use Xpel Ppf also so it made it nice to order from one place. I love Global, but it is not a brand customers can do much online research on. Xpel may not have a large presence in the tint world yet, but it has a solid trusted name in PPF  so I think that can carry over into tint when customers are looking a it from a brand stand point.

Thanks for your opinion. I use Global as well and feel the same when it comes to brand recognition/online presence. Was thinking of using their top lines of films. Maybe all? 

On 7/7/2018 at 9:17 AM, Jake said:

On 7/7/2018 at 4:37 PM, CaliTINT said:

Thanks for your opinion. I use Global as well and feel the same when it comes to brand recognition/online presence. Was thinking of using their top lines of films. Maybe all? 

I feel exactly the same as you guys. I love Global but it makes my job selling just a bit harder.my tried an true customers take my word for it that Global can complete with the rest of them.  That’s why I’m switching and I’m now a LULU dealer. It’s just gonna be easier to sell. 

20 hours ago, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

I feel exactly the same as you guys. I love Global but it makes my job selling just a bit harder.my tried an true customers take my word for it that Global can complete with the rest of them.  That’s why I’m switching and I’m now a LULU dealer. It’s just gonna be easier to sell. 

Awesome. LULU just stopped by my shop coincidentally. I been thinking of switching to them for a while. Might use both. 

We have done Suntek, Flexfilm, Huper Optik, and now Llumar/3M.  Out of all of them, it is super easy to sell Llumar and 3M.  Most people automatically come in with the film they want in mind.  This is usually CTX since it is around 58% of what we sell this year.

I had Travelers Insurance call my shop yesterday since we were the first that popped up when searching for Tesla Window Tint.  They wanted to know if Tesla sends out any paperwork or info to shops stating not to tint parts of the Tesla 3 that risk damage.  Apparently, a shop somewhere in GA damaged a 3 and they wanted to see if we are warned by Tesla.