Tesla Model 3 Warning

Midtown Houston

1 hour ago, DynamicATL said:

I had Travelers Insurance call my shop yesterday since we were the first that popped up when searching for Tesla Window Tint.  They wanted to know if Tesla sends out any paperwork or info to shops stating not to tint parts of the Tesla 3 that risk damage.  Apparently, a shop somewhere in GA damaged a 3 and they wanted to see if we are warned by Tesla.

Sounds like someone has a massive headache/ :poop storm on their hands

I thought about doing that too, but now I am seeing a common issue with their rear window breaking due to stress.  This can just happen for no reason and a bunch of people has had to warranty it.  The rear glass is two thin layers sandwiched together.  Every time I think stop being a b!tch and just do them, I find out more design issues.  Hell no, find another shop.

I work on a lot of Tesla’s.  I have about 20 model 3’s under my belt. When I work on a Model 3, the first thing I do is the windshield. I lock up all the doors, and then go into the car and shut off the car under Security and Settings. After Tinting the windshield I finish off the rest of the car.  This allows for all water to pass through and dry on the windshield. Haven’t had an issue after using these steps. My first 4-5 model 3’s resulted in “ghosting” on the screen before realizing what needed to be done. 

I had a windshield lined up with a previous customer on a model 3. After reading on here yesterday and just reading a tesla forum about othet problems like: screen fried, computer fried in pillar/dash, and center console stopped working....I’ll pass.  Im not sure if i even want to tint them now. 

Edited by pbalentine

dammit....The new model 3 back glass now have thicker defroster line like dodge charger....It is on and off but so far over 20.....I even got call from other installer saying the same thing.

So we wet sand one with 2000 grit sand paper and it scratch the glass but you can barely notice it.  I change the sand paper to a 3M trizact and it work....No more peanuts..

We got 900 tesla delivery to Houston and my shop receiver a little over a hundred of them this month....SO GUYS FEEL THE DEFROSTER WITH YOUR HAND AND IF IT IS NOT RIGHT WET SAND IT WITH TRIZACT 2000-3000

So had one that we did last year come in because the back window had a "split".  He said it happened the first time he used the defroster. What actually happened - the defroster between 2 main lines (the connector line) seemed to short out, melted the tint in that section between the 2 lines.  And left cracks in the glass on the inside layer.  Customer took it to Tesla Service and they said "the defroster is in spec" and made no notice of the fast the glass is cracked and film melted.   Tesla Service "window tint is due to improper installation on rear glass" lol.  Looks like Im buying a rear window.  Has anyone had a similar issue? 

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg