Slip Solution

Well I lowered my ratio of fusion all type down to 1oz./gal. And it did seem to help honestly. Maybe I had too much? It was a touch hotter the other day but I lay the film with the doors shut and only let one or two windows open. I’ll keep using this fusion stuff since it would awesome today haha! 

8 hours ago, redgar826 said:

Well I lowered my ratio of fusion all type down to 1oz./gal. And it did seem to help honestly. Maybe I had too much? It was a touch hotter the other day but I lay the film with the doors shut and only let one or two windows open. I’ll keep using this fusion stuff since it would awesome today haha! 

How much for a gallon of fusion slip 

19 hours ago, redgar826 said:

The fusion all type instructions say 1/2 oz per gallon. I know when i added that little bit i felt like it wouldn't work but it really did. I typically use Joy Non Ultra at 1 oz per gallon. I did a test of a top load (i usually bottom load but wanted to see how it slipped when i went to tuck the corners) with Joy on the drivers glass and Fusion on the passenger glass, the fusion slipped better/longer and also locked down better. The Joy didn't slip as good as fusion. I still have 2 cases of Joy to go thru yet before i switch over to Fusion All Type. FYI if you use a regular Spraymaster sprayer (it's size is about a quart or liter) when it says 1 oz per gallon it's proportionately the same as 8 mls per liter, 1/2 oz per gallon is equal to 4 mls per liter. 
$46 for 1 gallon (128 oz) of Fusion All Type makes for 256 gallons of slip or will refill my Spraymaster about 1024 times.

$1 for 14oz bottle of Joy Non Ultra makes for 14 gallons of slip

so it would take almost $20 of Joy (at $1+ a bottle) to do what all type does for $46.

so not as expensive as i perceived, if you pay $2 for a bottle of some other slip it's closer to the same price. It's a good product in my opinion, just need to use all my Joy up lol.

My 2 cents on it. @quality tintz @tinttexas 

I should note i don't use Joy or All type for cleaning, i use either 409 or Dawn 4X for cleaning. 

On 5/13/2018 at 3:19 PM, redgar826 said:

Do you lay tint with the door shut because you're mobile? Do you have any vids of your install? Not a lot of vids of people tinting mobile out there, i'm always curious the secrets of being mobile and doing clean installs. Major gnat problem here.

6 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Do you lay tint with the door shut because you're mobile? Do you have any vids of your install? Not a lot of vids of people tinting mobile out there, i'm always curious the secrets of being mobile and doing clean installs. Major gnat problem here.

Sorry for the confusion haha, when I said I lay the tint with the doors closed I meant my garage doors, not the vehicles. Haha sorry once again for the confusion, I actually never thought about doing it that way though if I was mobile but it’s a good idea in theory.